cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 45

Re: Moving house and Fibre Broadband - slot coming available

Cabinets aren't always fully equipped with cards at day one, it is therefore possible that only a new card is required to add extra capacity. Unfortunately there is no way of telling if this in the case in your cabinet.

Google bonded adsl for info on multiple lines.

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 45

Hi Keith,

Yep that's correct. Yeah I suppose that's some consolation nut i would still rather have it and pay for it.

I'm just so used to a fast connection it seems like going back in time and given that BTs television service is through the internet connection it seems ridiculous to me that fibre isn't available to all, given it is such a built up area.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 45

It does say that ADSL multicast is available, so you should be able to get some extra channels, but I am not sure how many, as there would only be enough for a single stream.

Perhaps someone else may know that?

This thread may give a clue https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/How-good-is-BT-Sport-on-ADSL-Multicast/td-p/1384561

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 45

Just going back to the original question. People are speaking of a waiting list - everywhere else on the internet says just to keep checking until a slot comes available.

BT have told me there is no waiting list.

So if BT are wrong and there is a waiting list, how on earth do I get on it?

Everywhere else on the web is saying just keep checking and call as soon as it says available. This seems ridiculous but seems to be the consensus elsewhere?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 45

The whole thing is a shambles. Allegedly Openreach have a waiting list but I guess it is up to the individual ISPs (BT being just one) as to whether they place any orders on that waiting list or not. If that is the case, the ISPs that don't use the waiting list will never get any slots until  the list empties. Perhaps one of the mods can give a definitive answer.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 45

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I’m happy to clear this up. We will accept the order which is then sent to Openreach to fulfil. If there is a delay due to capacity issue then the order will go on to a waiting list until a space is available at which point it will move to appointment and then completion.

Cheers

David

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 45

@DavidM

Thanks for clearing that up, as its a question that keeps being asked.Smiley Happy

What happens if the person decides to accept ADSL while they are waiting, do they lose their place in the waiting list?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 45

Thanks @DavidM  for the clarification, perhaps somebody should tell the order takers that if they are telling customers there is no waiting list.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 45

Hi @Keith_Beddoe,

If there is a fibre order in place and an ADSL order is then placed in the meantime it will cancel the fibre order. Once the ADSL broadband is connected the customer can reorder the fibre but that order will be placed back in the queue for installation.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 45

So if a customer wants service, they will need to order ADSL first. Once that has been activated, then they need to place an order for fibre right away, instead of waiting to see if the cabinet availability changes.

That would put them on the waiting list.

@Jemmingham

Does what @DavidM has said, help you to progress your home move?

0 Ratings