Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 45

Re: Moving house and Fibre Broadband - slot coming available

@Keith_Beddoe @DavidM

Thanks for your efforts both and in answer to your question Keith, yes and no.

It's not the answer I wanted to hear, obviously. But it does clear things up. However I am still unsure who to believe. I've spoken to BT customer services twice and they said categorically it is first come first served as soon as a slot is available. I said surely it goes to someone who is already on a waiting list and they said no that is not how it works.

There is also evidence to support this on other forums with people checking and suddenly being able to place an order through the BT website.

So I'm not sure who to believe. If anything I'd prefer the first come first served option as I am at an advantage knowing when the a lot is going to come live but I appreciate it may not work like this based on what has been said.

I guess I'll just have to see for myself but tha ks again for everyone's help.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 32 of 45

Re: Moving house and Fibre Broadband - slot coming available

The OP said he NEEDED high speed due to work.  So maybe he could chose a business line.

I am lead to belief the cost of FTTPoD is due to fall substantially in the new year.  Installation will still be quite high but rental will be the same as FTTP. 

See :- https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/10/openreach-unveil-new-uk-pricing-fttp-demand-ultrafast-...

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 45

Beyond a joke

Hi there,

I am looking for someone on here to refer me to a senior manager or who can advise how I can speak to someone sorted.

This is a bit of a long one...

3 weeks ago I tried to organise my home move as we were moving to our new home. I checked the BT online speed checker and it said the area was set up for fibre but the cabinet was full.

I did post about this and got lots of advice. So I called BT and they said ignore that "I have done this thousands of times and if it was full I would be getting an error message". I wasn't convinced so really stressed the point but was told firmly that the website was incorrect and she could see the internal systems...

So I proceeded having been assured we would get fibre.

Needless to say 24 hours later I get a call saying the cabinet is full. I recalled what had happen and was told the lady who placed the order was (obviously) wrong.

Ironically at this point the website now said fibre was available (!!!) So I stressed the importance of getting this sorted quickly so we could get the slot. Then I am told there is a "DI" (data integrity?) Issue. So at this point I am angry as in my mind if they hadn't erroneously placed the order this would have gone through.

A complaint is raised and I am told a manager will call me back in 24 hours - that doesn't happen. I call up and told I will receive a call within another 24 hours. That doesn't happen so I call again. I am told a call was made to a number they read back to me that I have never heard of. Despite BT definitely having my mobile number as I use it for accou t validation / security when I call.

Anyway after being quoted initially a home move date of the 12th I now have nothing. Another call is made and the woman specifically tells me she has sent this to the DI team and that it has been placed into that days queue for resolution and I will receive a call back.

Again, that doesn't happen.

In the meantime we complete on the house and move in and that takes over so I leave it waiting for a call which never comes.

Then I get an email 2 days later saying order confirmed and fibre available and the home move will be on the 20th. Thinking it has been resolved I am happy but annoyed it has been pushed back again. Anyway 2 working days later I get another call from a guy who tells me fibre is NOT available!!!!

Another call is made and I am assured a call back and nothing happens.

This is probably only half of it but it is the main points.

Over 12 calls and about 10 hours on the phone and I am back to where we started.

To say the service has been appalling is an understatement.

No advisors have a clue. I am passed around the houses. Promises made that never happen. Orders placed with assurances that never happen.

How on earth do I get this sorted.

It is almost less about the fibre now and more about the fact it has taken so much time and over 3 weeks and no one can give me an answer.

I really need this escalating as the customer service people do not have a clue and certainly don't have the power to fix anything which I know isn't there fault. My old flats connection is being stopped today and I am having to wait until the 20th for a service (copper) that I don't want and will not accept.

The irony is BT have made the situation a million times worse than if I had left it and just waited on the website.

Another point is that the previous owners of where we are moving to were contacted by BT and asked if they were fine for the new owners (me) to take over the line (they have infinity) and said yes of course. I'm not sure it works like that but if not then why did BT ask them?

Comedy of errors and it is actually disgusting how this has been handled.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Apologies for any typos this has been written on my mobile.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 45

Re: Beyond a joke

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

You would not be able to take over an existing connection, as it would be given to the next person in the queue.

See this post What happens if I order BT Infinity and there is a waiting list?

You may have to accept an ADSL connection initially, then place an order for fibre, and wait your turn.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 45

Hi @Jemmingham,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your order. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 45

Hi Paddy, I've done that and thanks for the swift response. 

Given I have been speaking to various advisors for over 3 weeks I would imagine this needs escalating. A stock response of "the order can only now be copper broadband because the cabinet is full simply, sorry this wan't made clear at the beginning simply will not be good enough"

This has gone on and on and not one of the 10+ advisors I have spoken to have been able to provide anywhere even close to a resolution. 

I'm not prepared to go on a waiting list as the broadband was available (fibre) during this whole debacle as per the website but BT's **bleep** up prevented me from ordering it. 

Now it has reverted back to showing as not available and that just is not good enough. 

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 45

@Jemmingham wrote:
Another point is that the previous owners of where we are moving to were contacted by BT and asked if they were fine for the new owners (me) to take over the line (they have infinity) and said yes of course. I'm not sure it works like that but if not then why did BT ask them?

BT were asking solely about the phone line. It's an OFCOM policy to prevent "slamming" of telephone lines.

Message 38 of 45

Hi @PaddyB

Is there any update on this please? 

Thanks,

Jack 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 45

once you complete the mod form you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance all of whom consider their problem a priority hence why mod reply in order form received to ensure everyone is treated equally  at present it is about 3 days for form to reach top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 45

@imjolly

Thanks for the info. 

Is this likely ro actually get resolved by the mods do we know? 

It has been going on for nearly a month and I am completely at the end of my tether here and tempted just to cancel my direct debit. I currently have no services at my former property or my new one and have absolutely zero information from BT so surely they are in breach of contract. 

The only thing stopping me from just cancelling my DD and ordering through another supplier is I know I will most likely face similar problems. Especially being a Sky customer in the past I know there service is poor as well. Although certianly not as bad as what I have received from BT. 

Same with the train situation with Southern Rail - appaling service and they simply do not care because they know people need  the trains / internet and therefore exploit their position. It is farcical and in no other job can you get away with this non-existant level of customer service. 

0 Ratings