Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morsing
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Moving house and early cancellation charge

Hi,

Quite surprised to find out that BT is going to charge me for my old FTTC line whilst also charging me for the new line in the house I'm moving to. I understand the idea of a cancellation fee (although any company believing in their products wouldn't have to do it), and also that moving house essentially is cancelling and re-instating, but as I'm setting up a new contract, I'll still pay them for a line and hence, they'll be charging me twice for the same line?!

BT really does pull out all the stops to charge people unfair money...

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moving house and early cancellation charge

@morsing wrote:

Hi,

Quite surprised to find out that BT is going to charge me for my old FTTC line whilst also charging me for the new line in the house I'm moving to. I understand the idea of a cancellation fee (although any company believing in their products wouldn't have to do it), and also that moving house essentially is cancelling and re-instating, but as I'm setting up a new contract, I'll still pay them for a line and hence, they'll be charging me twice for the same line?!

BT really does pull out all the stops to charge people unfair money...

You should contact BT home move dept. as they will not charge you a cancellation fee.

See link: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30848

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 14

Would advise doing what Ratty said, just going to hi-jack your thread quickly.

I currently have FTTC with Infinity 2, I'm looking to move house early this year but If I move in to a non FTTC area what will happen? Would I get normal BT Total Broadband and have to pay the Infinity 2 price or?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

@ryant704 wrote:

Would advise doing what Ratty said, just going to hi-jack your thread quickly.

I currently have FTTC with Infinity 2, I'm looking to move house early this year but If I move in to a non FTTC area what will happen? Would I get normal BT Total Broadband and have to pay the Infinity 2 price or?

If you could not get FTTC, then you will get BT Total Broadband at the BT Total Broadband price.

0 Ratings
morsing
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Ratty,

Thanks, but I can't do that as I'm not with BT. I'm on FTTC via another ISP and they will be charged 6 months early cancellation fee that I will have to pay...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

@morsing wrote:

Ratty,

Thanks, but I can't do that as I'm not with BT. I'm on FTTC via another ISP and they will be charged 6 months early cancellation fee that I will have to pay...

Thanks

Maybe you should have posted your thread on your ISP forum, rather than on BT's if that is the case, because you being charged for 6 months is nothing to do with BT.

0 Ratings
morsing
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

It has everything to do with BT. My ISP wouldn't charge me that if they had a choice. BT is twisting their arm...  (As always)

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 14

@morsing wrote:

It has everything to do with BT. My ISP wouldn't charge me that if they had a choice. BT is twisting their arm...  (As always)

You must mean OpenReach who are seperate division, they have nothing to do with BT.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
morsing
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

BT and OpenReach is the same company, don't let BT fool into thinking they're not... If they tell you that, they're lying.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

This forum though is for BT the ISP not Openreach.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings