cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Moving house and putting a hold on payments

Hi so I've currently got a contract set up for broadband however I'll be moving into a new house at the end of August. There's no one using the WiFi at the moment as there's no one living at the house. 

Is it possible to put a hold on payments for a couple months while still keeping the same contract? And how do I arrange them to move the broadband into the new house? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving house and putting a hold on payments

As far as I know you'd still be expected to pay. When you move house, you have to inform BT and they will install your services at your new property if its available of course.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving house and putting a hold on payments

You can not get a "hold" put on your account.

If you are moving out of your present property but not moving into your new property until August your package will just continue to run.

Presumably you have checked that your new property has the same BT services available as you presently have.

You need to give at least 14 days notice but I would suggest giving longer if possible so that everything goes ahead as smoothly as possible.

Take any BT equipment that is at your old property to your your new property because BT will assume that you will still have it and not re issue it.

See link about Moving Home.

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

0 Ratings