cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving house to lower speed and little/no alternative?

Hi

I am due to move to my new house at the end of the month. I initiated the house move process this afternoon. One of the things that was mentioned was that the speed at the new address was less than the one I live at now. Apparently there is no point in decreasing my package to Fibre 1 as I’d only save £1 a month. 

I’m disappointed in the suggested decrease in speed as I’m not over the moon with my current speed and was putting up until the contract enabled me to move.  I’ve tried to see what else is available at the new address and it seems there aren’t any major competitors- both Sky and Virgin draw a blank via their websites. 

Is there any way of checking if I can get decent speeds or if I’m moving to a blackspot. What is also disconcerting is that I’m moving to a very old property and might well end up with Wi-fi issues along with speed issues. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving house to lower speed and little/no alternative?

You can enter your new address here and post results. Remember delete address but leave exchange and cab 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Here you go. Thanks. 

Address on Exchange ACCRINGTON is served by Cabinet 16
    Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low            
60.543.413.18.538.3AvailableAvailable
59.44012.87.835AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Product Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MWBC Fixed Rate
Up to 5--3 to 7.5Available
Up to 5Up to 13 to 7.5Available
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Ericcat 

As you can see your expected speed range is 60/43mb and there is no waiting list so should be no problem with getting connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for this @imjolly - can you tell if Sky or Virgin provide services from this information. Neither of them say they do via their respective websites 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

This dslchecker information basically applies to any ISP who uses the openreach network

0 Ratings