cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Moving to BT Fibre

How much downtime normally?

Lost ADSL authentication this morning at 8.50am, ADSL is still syncing now and plugging in the hub just gives me an orange light.

Am I still waiting for OR to do their stuff?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Do you have a dial tone on your landline?  If so dial 17070 and see if number is correct

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Yep, landline number is correct

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

have you tried connecting the SH2 to test socket with a filter

make sure you turn of smart setup

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

SH2 is connected to master socket with filter supplied, old LJU5 with no test socket. I'll turn smart setup off.

If I connect the old router, I still get an ADSL sync, but no authorisation.

Am I supposed to get a message from OR when they have completed?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Activation can be anytime up until midnight

Message 27 of 30

SH2 smart setup now turned off.  Showing 'disconnected', and no sync.

Going from ADSL to FTTC, I would have thought the OR engineer would do their stuff in daytime hours?

Fingers crossed for some action soon...

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

Just had an email from BT,

"We have to change some dates...

We're really sorry but your broadband will now start any time before midnight on 25 Jun 2020."

That's nice. So much for minimising downtime, I hope we're first on the list tomorrow!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

A very pleasant chap from Openreach rang me this morning, to say he would  be with me in an hour to swap the broadband over to FTTC. He said it wouldn't be off for long, but sounded a bit surprised when I told him this was planned for yesterday and the ADSL had already been off over 24hrs...

Anyway, no further problems, authorised immediately and just short of two hours later we were up and running.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if BT will start billing me from yesterday or today? 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

@locknutwrote:

Out of curiosity, I wonder if BT will start billing me from yesterday or today? 🙄

I received my first bill, and the answer to that one is that the billing started from the 25th, so that's fair enough. So far so good!

Just have to sort out the missing reward card now. I've read conflicting information about this, the Reward Card claim site says you can claim as soon as your service goes live, and I've read posts on here saying that you have to wait until the 'cooling off' period has elapsed.

There is no reward showing when I log into the claim page. I'll give it 14 days, see what happens.

0 Ratings