cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Moving to New Build house and Fttc not available??

Hi

We r soon moving to our new house which is a new build. Internet is a key for my work so I cannot do without it. Therefore I did research what can I get and that's the story..

- developer told me that openreach did all the settings for phone line and my address is showing up on their page/bt page

- Virgin Media was almost setting everything up but cancelled as cannot get cables to property

- when I checked bt page it shows 0mb to 0mb deal for me (standard connection)

- until today on openreach page it showed us that fttc is coming to us soon

- today the openreach page says that my cabinet got fibre enabled but I'm not able to order a service. This might be because you’re too far from the cabinet.

I have Google so much about it and checked a lot of pages for it. When I found the cabinet it says its 522m away from property and everyone around have fttc available without any issues. Even my current house is connected to same cabinet and it's further away from it.

What are my options here? I'm not yet moved in, so no phone number available. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving to New Build house and Fttc not available??

You may need to just order a phone service first and then the checker should update with FTTC availability.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@Rejvie 

I assume you are going to order your service from BT Retail, as you are posting on this BT Retail forum?

You will need to get a phone line installed first. Once that is working, then you will be able to see what BT broadband options are available.

Without a working phone line, no broadband options will be shown.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

who is your current ISP?

as new build is there not FTTP available or was development to small

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for quick answers guys, much appreciated.

As I mentioned before the phone was line was set up and the developer told me that it won't be fibre connection and I will have to manage this myself when I move in. As for FTTP, this is a small development of 7 houses. The house that was there before (or rather two) is still visible on the BT page and I still can order fibre connection to it. Literally every house around me says FTTC available. In my current house we have BT and when I contacted them to do house move, they said - only standard connection as there is no option on their web on this address. Also as I'm not moved in yet (last stage , so week or two) I cannot order phone service yet, I only know that cables are connected.

Is there any way of checking if FTTC will be available beside ordering a phone service? Thats all I can see so far on pages:

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

Any help will be kindly appreciated!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

There is no other way of checking, because until you get a line installed, the cabinet number would not be known until the routing has been decided.

Looking at the page you have shown, you must be very close to the exchange, so you would get a good ADSL speed.

You will always need a phone line anyway, as its needed for broadband.