cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 13

My BT Broadband Speeds

(1) How can I establish what broadband speeds I'm paying for?
(2) Is this still the correct site I should use to test them? http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

PS Is this the correct Board, please? If not would a Moderator please move it? TIA

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Taffy078
Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: My BT Broadband Speeds

For what it's worth, these are the speeds today: 

Download 34.32mbs /  Upload10.1mbs  /  Ping 37ms

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

If you are getting 10.1Mbps upload then you are on the Superfast 2 package, which you may or  may not be paying more for than a Superfast1 package. Some customers have had free upgrades to Superfast2. If you can get SF1 for less than your current package you might as well downgrade as you are not getting anywhere near SF1 download speeds let alone SF2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

can you post router stats showing connection stats and also enter phone number and post results

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Good morning. Here are snips of the results in https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome:

elland.png

BB2 availability 2019-07 3rd.PNG

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 6 of 13

hoping the snips make sense! I'm just trying to compare the actual performance I'm getting with the performance I'm paying for. I've no idea if I got a free upgrade in package - how would I find out about that please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

from the upstream figure you are om superfast 2 and have had upgrade  but as your range is only 58/39mb I doubt the upgrade would have made any real difference to your down speed

can you post router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Sorry - a senior moment! 🙄

How do I get my router stats, please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Sorry for the delay in replying - my outlook.com is playing up and dumped some emails in my Deleted box instead of my Inbox. (I'm moving to Outlook as soon as I can make the time.)

My router was a gift from BT - honestly. They rang me some months ago and said they were rewarding me as a loyal customer - they'd clearly forgotten my complaint (still ongoing) to Ofcom!

What they sent me is a Smart Hub 2. 

What I'm trying to establish is what broadband speeds am I getting, what speeds am I being charged for and how can I look for this info. If you've explained this earlier then I apologise. I can only see your last reply!

0 Ratings