cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

My BT Homehub keeps rebooting

This happens multiple times a day, it's making it very hard to wfh. What fault-finding should I try?

Product: Bt Hub 6A

Firmware: SG4B1000E020 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 20

Re: My BT Homehub keeps rebooting

A bit basic I know but have you checked the power adapter is plugged in properly at both ends and the integrity of the cable

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Yes, sorry, my bad description, it flashes red and drops the connection, then everything starts working again after about 30 seconds.

This happens multiple times per day.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

I'm seeing lots of these every day in the log:

15:00:01, 27 May.

:Connection to the Internet has been terminated.(Reboot,Reconfiguration,forced termination)

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 20

Message 6 of 20

Just did it, I hope that sorts it out
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Thanks for the suggestion

Message 8 of 20

Do you have a new master socket 5c MK4 where the front clips on and no screws. If so there are posts where it did not clip on correctly and was slightly loose which caused drops in connection 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 20

Looking good after the factory reset, I'll grep the logs for disconnections in a bit, but today will be my acid-test - lots of meetings.

I do have a 5cMk4, it didn't seem loose, but I popped it off and on again just to be sure.

Thanks everyone.

After doing a broadband test the system wanted to book an engineer for me - is this normal practice or does it indicate something may be amiss?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 20

I've had that message. I would just ignore it if everything's  working OK

0 Ratings