cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northshields
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

My BT Nonsense

I have Superfast 2 fibre broadband and my current deal will end in February. When I go to "My BT" one of the first items is a message saying that my broadband discount is ending and inviting me to "Renew now". When I click on that button to renew, I get to a page which, after a bit of thinking time, comes up with the following message

Hi Paul. You've already got our top broadband and TV products. We can’t beat that, so we don’t have any personalised deals for you here at the moment. We hope you're enjoying being online with BT.

Is this a case of the right hand not talking to the left hand, or just poor web site design?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: My BT Nonsense

Probably both

Give the options team a call a bit nearer the time 0800 800 030

0 Ratings
northshields
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes, I will give them a call in a couple of months, thank you. Still, it would be nice if the web site worked as it should.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

pig2.GIF

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

You probably are to early if contract does not finish unti Feb 2020

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

MyBT is a bit flaky at the moment , may be something to do with the new Halo product being integrated.
I get what you get but it does change every couple of days but I have recently recontracted.

What you can do is scroll down the MyBT home page and click on the  Order and upgrade link and then on  I want to upgrade my broadband and you may get some offers shown.

As regards the timing it is always best to see what MyBT has to offer as I recontracted in the middle of last month even though the existing end date was the  13th March 2020 - the offer was to basically recontract for 18 months at the same price. I had to ring the Options team to get the £9.99 waived which they did with no problems.

0 Ratings