Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 39

Re: My FTTP diary. Order stage onwards

Go to solution

@dnpark38 wrote:

Assuming your a usual house holder what is the cost please?

Yes.  Usual house holder.

I had to call the Fibre To The Home team to arrange.  This package is £55 per month including line rental.  18 month contract.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 39

Go to solution

So about double I pay for FTTC per month and what frightens me the installation of the fibre cable which replaces the copper and other extra equipment?

0 Ratings
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 39

Go to solution

@dnpark38 wrote:

So about double I pay for FTTC per month and what frightens me the installation of the fibre cable which replaces the copper and other extra equipment?

If you have FTTC you won't have the option of FTTP anyway.  Maybe in the distant future.

Regards the installation.  I have a block paved driveway which was just lifted up where needed and replaced.  Very easy.  If you have a tarmac or concrete drive I'm not sure how it would be done.  May be under the garden if available.

Equipment was a one off cost of £9.

dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 39

Go to solution

Yes I can have "FTTP fibre on demand of 330 Mps" but are you saying Open Reach will stand the cost of putting the fibre out to me?

0 Ratings
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 39

Go to solution

@dnpark38 wrote:

Yes I can have "FTTP fibre on demand of 330 Mps" but are you saying Open Reach will stand the cost of putting the fibre out to me?

Fibre on demand is a completely different product.

Anyone can please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  As far as I know Fibre On Demand is a business product only and costs thousands if not £10k plus when you factor in installation, monthly costs.

It's not a domestic product.

As I mentioned before.  FTTP maybe brought to FTTC streets one day but we're talking years before they'll consider it.  Don't despair though.  You may have an upgrade fitted to your green cabinet eventually called G.Fast.  That might get you close to 300mbps when it's done.  You'll have to pay more a month for the privilege I'm sure.

PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 39

Go to solution

Well done on getting fibre after such a long wait. I ordered fibre via fttp last friday and my installation is on the 8th of december. If you don`t mind me asking can you post some pics of your setup ont homehub etc and also does your fibre come overhead via a telephone pole or underground?

0 Ratings
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 39

Go to solution

@PlocC89 wrote:

Well done on getting fibre after such a long wait. I ordered fibre via fttp last friday and my installation is on the 8th of december. If you don`t mind me asking can you post some pics of your setup ont homehub etc and also does your fibre come overhead via a telephone pole or underground?

Hi

Thanks.  It's a great product.  I think you'll be pleased when yours is fitted.  Hopefully it'll be a shorter lead-time than mine.

No problem.  When I'm back I'll upload some pics of the kit and the hub.

My fibre is underground.  It looks like they've installed it using the newer connectorised method.  I don't have a customer splice point on the outside wall.  Just a fibre cable running from the underground duct, along the outside wall, through a drilled hole into my study.

By the way.  Just so you know.  The engineer asked which room I would like it to be installed in.  It looks like there is a bit of licence to install it in a room of your choosing, within reason.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 39

Go to solution

"Fibre on demand is a completely different product."

So what have you got your Subject header says FTTP?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 39

Go to solution

FTTP and FTTPoD are 2 entirely different products.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 39

Go to solution

You lost me.

So what is FTTP that the OP as upgraded to?

I've got available to me FTTP on demant and this is for 10 private houses in the middle of a housing estare not a commercial area at all.

0 Ratings