Go to solution

Op upgraded to wbc fttp which is native fttp, the one available to consumers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 39

Re: My FTTP diary. Order stage onwards

Go to solution

FTTP is native FTTP where Openreach have decided to provide the infrastructure rather than FTTC and is available at Infinity prices.  FTTPoD is a bespoke solution where the customer pays for the complete installation of the infrastructure to service a single premises which is extremely expensive.

0 Ratings
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 39

Go to solution
Interesting. Hopefully the engineers show up on the date I was given and I get straightforward install. I think in my case it should be straightforward becuase there`s a telephone pole literally right outside my house ( 8 metres). Theres a fibre manifold on it so hopefully its just a case of running cable from there to my property or am I wrong?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 39

Go to solution

I'm sure it will all be perfectly fine.

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 39

Go to solution

So what would the Availability chart call this native FTTP so I can watch out for that?

If I or one of these 10 houses be daft enough to pay the cost of the FTTP on demand to the pole we share would that mean the other 9 would have native FTTP available?

I'm thinking along the lines of a farmer way out in North Yorkshire who had electric supply over several miles installed and paid a lot of money then other farms on the way applied and got it on the cheap.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 39

Go to solution

@dnpark38 wrote:

So what would the Availability chart call this native FTTP so I can watch out for that?

See the screenshot in message 7 of this thread

0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 39

Go to solution

Can see the photos of the speed tests etc. but not the availability checker chart this link gives 

http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
sparkymark75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 39

Go to solution

Showing up and getting it installed are two different things, sadly. My installer turned up when they said he would but he wasn't able to install it. Despite it being a new build estate with newly laid infrastructure, they didn't know their **bleep** from their elbow.

So here I am nearly 5 weeks from ordering and still no further forward. I did have 1.6Mb ADSL but that got cut off on Sunday when my phone line switched to BT from my previous supplier (I cancelled when I ordered FTTP as I naively assumed available to order meant it would get installed!).

So now I have no internet at all and idea when I can get FTTP despite it being "available"!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 39

Go to solution

Here you go

fttp.png

dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks, hope on mine the " On demand " goes and just FTTP left.

0 Ratings