Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: My FTTP diary. Order stage onwards

Go to solution

A few more photos as requested.  Forgive some of the mess.  I'm still organising the room.

ONT and Battery Back up:  This gets hidden behind a pull out desk which you willl see in the 3rd picture.  Nice tidy install by the lads from Open Reach.

ONT and Battery Back up.jpg

Home Hub 6:  Really pleased with this Home Hub.  It looks really smart.  Also, this is the first time I haven't had to do any tampering with the settings built into it.  Normally I'd have to adjust a few things to get the WIFI working with all my equipment.  Or I'd have to keep restarting it due to conflicts.

It has been absolutely faultess since the installation.  I even got my Sky Q working after work yesterday.  It took less than 10 mins to get the Sky Q box and 3 mini boxes connected.  They seem more responsive with the HH6 compared with my trusty Netgear DG834 that I used for the ADSL set up.

Home Hub 6.jpg

Cable Entry from outside (Middle Left of Picture):

Cable Entry.jpg

All in all.  I'm really pleased with the set up and the quality of the service.

I know some of you have had and will have issues with getting the fibre installed.  Belive me, it is worth the wait and the frustration.  It is a proper quality product and service.

Sage
Sage
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us updated on your install. Glad to hear everything eventually went smoothly.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Pea_Head_Dave,

Agree with @pippincp here. A great thread and a fantastic end result.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mnbvcxz
Beginner
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution

Thankyou for the interesting posts.

May I ask did you get to keep and transfer your exisisting telephone number?

I ask becuase several articles have said the product is so unusual that BT have not supplied number portability to it. Which is obviously worrying.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

@mnbvcxz wrote:

Thankyou for the interesting posts.

May I ask did you get to keep and transfer your exisisting telephone number?

I ask becuase several articles have said the product is so unusual that BT have not supplied number portability to it. Which is obviously worrying.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't had to change my phone number.  They left my copper phone service in place so we can keep using that.

My understanding is, if you go for Voice Over Fibre, you can't keep your current phone number.

Best to discuss with the Fibre To The Home team, but I'm fairly certain you will be able to leave your copper phone service in place and use that along side your new fibre broadband service.

Hope that helps. 

0 Ratings
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution

Hi @Pea_Head_Dave.

How`s your fibre service been so far. Also is the smarthub still solid 

0 Ratings
Pea_Head_Dave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

@PlocC89 wrote:

Hi @Pea_Head_Dave.

How`s your fibre service been so far. Also is the smarthub still solid 

It's been absolutely flawless.  I wake up in the morning and it just works.  I come home from work and it works.

I haven't had to touch the smart hub once.  No messing around with settings, no restarts.

The quality of this service has blown me away.  I'm so pleased.

Have you heard anymore about your installation?  Is it still going ahead on the agreed date?

0 Ratings
PlocC89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution
Yep I got a call from the fttp team telling me that my installation will happen as planned on the 8th so everything seems good so far.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution
You can now have your Copper Phone Number transferred over to Fibre Voice Access.

0 Ratings