Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mani
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

My House is not listed for fibre

Go to solution

I have simple ADSL broadband. My neighbour is connected to fibre but not me. When I try for availability checker it says the following. 

We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet.

You might consider co-funding fibre access in your community. Knowing there's a healthy demand in your area can also really help.

It seems the cabinet serving in my area does not have available port for me. Any pointers or advice from the experienced community members or moderators will really help me. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: My House is not listed for fibre

Go to solution

@Mani 

If you put your address into this DSL Checker what result do you get?

You might want to try your neighbours address too. 

If you take a screen shot, remember to remove/obscure the address from the results before posting as this is a Public forum. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Bear in mind the address checker will not be as accurate as using phone number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@Mani 

are you currently a BT customer?  if not have you asked your ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mani
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

As mentioned in my original post, I have ADSL broadband. (SKY)

Wanta fibre broadband instead of ADSL broadband. But for Fibre checking at my address it says the following -

We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet.

You might consider co-funding fibre access in your community. Knowing there's a healthy demand in your area can also really help.

0 Ratings
Mani
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

My current ISP says my house is not fibre enabled

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@Mani wrote:

My current ISP says my house is not fibre enabled

Who is that?

0 Ratings
Mani
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution
SKY
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@Mani wrote:
SKY

Then you need to raise the issue with Sky, as they are your ISP.

This forum is for BT Retail customers.

Its Openreach that provide the fibre network for all providers apart from Virgin Media.

This forum has nothing to do with Openreach.

You could try the Sky users forum Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

if and when openreach make fibre available to your street cabinet then you should be able to order from any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings