Did you mean: 
Highlighted
asdti
Contributor
Message 1 of 56

My Infinity 2 downgraded to Infinity 1 after upgrading online to an HH5

Go to solution

Hi All,

I had Infinity 2 ever since it came out, having upgraded from Infinity 1.

Anyway, a few days ago I upgraded my HH4 to a HH5 through BT's offer. In the days before it was delivered, I got e-mails from BT as if I was 'upgrading my infinity', referring to losing BB signal overnight and so on. Sure enough in the early hours of the morning on the day before the HH5 was delivered my broadband went down (that's really rare) and it came back a few minutes later.

Now, here's the thing. My broadband has been nice and stable for 2 years around 46mb down and 15 up on Infinity2.

It never really varies and my broadband stays up for months at a time.

When I used to have infinity 1 it was 37 down and 9 up.

Guess what, it has come back up at 37 down and 9 up - exactly as if I had infinity 1.

I checked my IP profile and it is 37/10 just like infinity one was.

Now, of course I called India and was told that I have Infinity 2 and that there is no problem.

But I am convinced that somehow - probably in my local exchange (who get everything wrong as a matter of pride - they just connected my sister's line to someone else just because they did, but that's another story) - I've been put on the wrong profile for my package.

Does anyone know how I can get this put right?

My second problem is about FON or whatever it is now called. Basically my HH5 says I am in FON and my BT Wifi says I am opted out. Yet my router is broadcasting BT Wifi and I want to switch it off. All the time I had a HH4 it was 'mis-matched' in this way, and yet again, India could do nothing about it (not even understand what it was).

Does anyone know how I can get this put right? I have repeatedly over 6 months tries re-activating it, waiting a day or so and then de-activating it (the FON/BT WiFi that is) but nothing changes...

Thanks so much for reading all this.

I'd ask the mods if i knew how!

Mark

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 56

Re: Weird changes after changing HH3 to HH5

Go to solution

There appears to be a problem if you order the HH5 on line that it drops you from Infinity 2 onto Infinity 1. The up speed profile for Infinity 2 is 20Mbps and Infinity 1 is 10Mbps.

There is also a glitch with the HH5 that still broadcasts the BTWifi even when you have opted out.

The moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

Lordfun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 56

Speed reduction after upgrade from BT HH3 to BT HH5

Go to solution

Hi

After reading this forum, I am wondering if I might be experiencing a speed reduction after upgrading?

I upgraded from a BT HH3 to BT HH5 via an online order through my account on the BT website.  I have only ever been on BT Infinity 2 and as I understand it, my Upstream Rate IP profile on my line should be 20 Mbps?

I ran the suggested tests and diagnosis using http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and can see:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 35.62 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is  12 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.74Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Prior to upgrade, the HH3 results from Speedtest.com were:

55.15 Mb/s 16.54 Mb/s

I have left the HH5 untouched for over twelve days in the hope that the line might re-train, but no joy

Perhaps a Moderator would be good enough to look into this for me please?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 56

Re: Speed reduction after upgrade from BT HH3 to BT HH5

Go to solution

See this link re same problem.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Weird-changes-after-changing-HH3-to-HH5/td-p/1100284

The moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

asdti
Contributor
Message 5 of 56

Go to solution

Thank you for this

IT seems to be a known issue, so I do hope the mods contact me...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 56

Go to solution

Hi Lordfun,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 56

Go to solution

Hi asdti,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you as well. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Lordfun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 56

Go to solution

Many thanks, DavidM, as suggested, I have used the "Contact Us" form - hopefully it will get to you ok.

Appreciate your help

0 Ratings
asdti
Contributor
Message 9 of 56

Go to solution

Many thanks to DavidM too.

I sent a contact as well. 

I think this 'might' be a big problem if lots of us infinity 2 people choose to upgrade to HH5.

Oops!!

0 Ratings
asdti
Contributor
Message 10 of 56

Go to solution

LordFun - do you know what will happen next - will we be PM'd or will contact be made by phone or e-mail?

0 Ratings