Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HenryPE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

My Neighbours Get Double the Speed I Do

I am on Infinity 2 and 800 m from the cabinet. Typically I get 17 Mbps down and 2.8 up. I complained to BT who sent a technician who said everythjiing was working properly and nothing could be doen to give me a speed boost. BT have never admitted it but I believe I am on alumkinium cables which have more attenuation than copper. BT then sent me a deadlock letter.

I told my neighbour about this and he complained too. BT sent a technician who found some spare copper pairs on the other side of the road, ran an overhead cable to our pole and connected him to copper. He now gets 51 down and 8 up. Other neighbours typically get 36 Mbps.

Is it fair that I get a deadlock letter and he gets a major speed improvement?

Nobody at BT, from Gavin Patterson to Stephen Reid, will respond to my emails or phone messages.

I will have to wait for the Telecomms Ombudsman to sort it out.

Surely this is ridiculous that BT will have to pay for the Ombudsman to ajuducate when I have found the solution and proved that it works with my neighbour?

Come on BT, please sort it out.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Neighbours Get Double the Speed I Do

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

What speed did BT say you would get when you started your contract?

If you are within that speed range, then you have no valid complaint.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Neighbours Get Double the Speed I Do

You may also be connected to a different cabinet to that of your neighbours.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings