cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: My broadband has slowed down

have had openreach round

no fault found

however he wasnt allowed inside to check master socket so still back to sqare one 

now massive buzzing and crackling noise when raining from the master test socket

now awaiting another call

thank heavens for BT Hybrid Connect!!! other there would be mutiny in the mikkster household with no xbox live and netflix etc LOL 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Do you also get the line noise when you use the test socket with a filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

I have a BT infinity master socket so no need for filters, I don’t own one now anyway - spoke to faults again and they are convnicned its  a BT issue.. so I’ll let them deal with it for now. 

they sent the wrong type of appointment round. They need to inspect the master socket etc which the engineer today wasn’t allowed to do.. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

My speed originally started at 55Mbps and is now at 22Mbps. Unfortunately I cannot do anything about this as openreach have not closed a house move order for 5 weeks and this is stopping me ordering fibre2.
Apparently the order has been escalated 3 times and on the 4th I decided to enquire with Vodafone
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

use speedtest.net its better than bt in my opinion
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

The engineer came today

There was a very unobvious small chew bite on the outside cable which basically looked like a rat had tried to chew.( no other explanation- I have no pets etc) Was unobvious until you went in closely. Was rejoined and new pairs etc etc.  

I asked the engineer if I was going to be charged he said no. But I'll await my next bill.. 

Broadband now working fine and back to my original speeds on around 30Mg  and landline crystal clear again. 

Been told full fibre will be in my area within next two years so that was music to my ears. 

Thanks for all the help.

0 Ratings