cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My broadband keeps dropping out

My broadband keeps dropping out.  I have turned the BT Hub 6 off for 5 or more minutes and service resumes.  The problem subsequently returns and even though the hub is showing a steady blue light I get the message when checking that WiFi does not have a valid ip configuration.  The system is also unable to detect anything to connect to.  At present I am running without problems.

Is this a problem with my home hub or my pc or indeed with the BT connection?

Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: My broadband keeps dropping out

I keep getting a problem which sounds like it could be the same thing on both ethernet and Wi-Fi but only so often and it soon sorts itself out, the sort of thing which I would probably would not be able to demonstrate to an engineer if I were to report it. 

The hub light stays blue but the networking icon in my Windows system tray turns into a very close approximation of a globe with all the lines of latitude and longitude and I lose connection.

Does that sound anything like what you're experiencing?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Anonymouswrote:

The hub light stays blue but the networking icon in my Windows system tray turns into a very close approximation of a globe with all the lines of latitude and longitude and I lose connection.

We got that around 11:30 pm when our Economy 7 water heating turns on. However, from tonight, I expect it to occur at 10:30 pm as we have today changed to the winter setting.

We are used to this as it only takes around 5 seconds to restore the wee globe at the bottom right of the screen. Not enough time to make a cuppa!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Ah, so it's not just me then. I don't know if that's someting I should be pleased to hear or not.  🤔

Message 5 of 7

@0scarmcg 

Post the connection stats from the hub. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

Try a quiet line test, 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. The line should be silent between announcements. May get a dull hum with cordless phone.

Message 6 of 7

Sorry I thought I posted this earlier.

I do not know how to get those details in order to post.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Yes that is similar.

0 Ratings