cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

My broadband was absolutely fine until i randomly got a flashing purple light. Smart hub 2

Hi guys,

This is driving me nuts here. I;ve had my broadband working for around 8 months now with no problems. Suddenly the purple light started flashing and it died down.

I contacted BT, they sent me a new router. There were delays but I managed it. Now I have an engineer appointment tomorrow at 8. What could be the reason for the fault?

My phone lines are working perfectly fine. No noise, although since I have full fiber I don't think that matters. I have the Huwaiei 1 port modem in my apartment. Tel1 Power and PON lights are on. 

When BT sends an engineer, is he authroised to fix the fault on the openreach modem end as well? 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: My broadband was absolutely fine until i randomly got a flashing purple light. Smart hub 2

BT don't have any engineers it is openreach engineers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.