cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

My cabinet in the exchange Pimlico P125 has been enabled, but I can't get it ;'(

Go to solution

A last week or so, my cabinet had been enabled for BT Infinity around my area. All the houses around me have been able to get the service, but not me. I recently checked the shop downstairs, and they were even able to get the service themselfs Smiley Indifferent . I'm really confused about this whole process and I really do want to get BT Infinity. I recently called BT today and they said I could not get it in my area 😞

My postcode is: SW1P 4EX, Exchange: Pimlico and my Cabinet number is: P125

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: My cabinet in the exchange Pimlico P125 has been enabled, but I can't get it ;'(

Go to solution

Are you certain your line is connected to that cabinet - and if so, how do you know ?

0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Re: My cabinet in the exchange Pimlico P125 has been enabled, but I can't get it ;'(

Go to solution
I am very sure that I am connected to that cabinet as there are no other cabinets running along the area, and the cabinet is just up on the top of the street.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Please help me because I have done some recent reasearch and I am worried that I will not be able to get it ever because I am just s bit too far from the cabinet itself. I know that the cabinet that I am conected to has been enabled and I was really disappointed when I called BT and checked online that I could not get it πŸ˜•

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
what does the btw checker say for your phone number? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

All it says is the ususal stuff, with the adsl+ stuff avaliable and nothing about infinity. From other threads I hae seen, it should say when I will be able to get πŸ˜•

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 9.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 8Mbps and 11Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 9.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 8Mbps and 11Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

Also provision of some services may not be allowed due to product withdrawal, please contact your service provider for further details.

0 Ratings
dwskittles
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hello

Only 7% of lines at that postcode are connected to cab 125

The rest are exchange only lines

http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=SW1P4EX

0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

From what I've heard, those are really outdated and inaccurate.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

The only way you can tell for sure if your line connects through PCP 125 is contact your Service Provider and request they raise an enquiry with Openreach to confirm what the 'Routing' of your line. They can tell if it does in fact connect to that or any other PCP or if you do infact have an Exchange Only Line.

I know you haven't mentioned it but I know a lot of people assume that Exchange Only Lines are for people who live close to the Exchange, I can tell you now its not the case as I have come across some Exchange Only Lines that are upwards of 7km long.

kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Oh.... Never knew that o: So is it still posible if a whole block of flats are exchange only line?
0 Ratings