cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
So-Fed-Up
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

My connection drops out and is slower than the minimum guaranteed speed - does anyone care?

Two weeks ago I left Sky and got BT Infinity 1 and TV.  I was very excited at leaving Sky and trying something new, but I have to say, the experience so far has been bad.  At least once a day, the BT Home Hum is losing it's network connection, and the speed has dropped from 40Mbps on SKY, to 30Mpps.  Also when we try to watch HD TV, the screen will often break up!

I have phoned and chatted to BT support more than 4 times and they have tested the line.  They were initially able to spot a problem which they claim to have resolved.  It didn't, nearly two weeks later the problem is still there! I then got a phone call on Friday by someone claiming to be from the Cpmplaints Dept who has been monitoring my case and said, 'don't worry, I will sort out everything for you'.  I thought, wow, what great service, BT are proactively looking for cases before thy become a big issue. WRONG - the man phoned back on Saturday and after all the assurances, turned out to be rude and unsympathetic! He said that the speed drop was probably caused by lots of people using the internet at 06:50am on a Saturday morning, and then said losing the internet once a day for however long was acceptable - REALLY!!! I told him that I was not satisified and asked for the issue to be esacalated.  He said someone would be phoning me this evening around 5pm - they haven't! Oh by the way, they were supposed to phone last Friday as well - they didn't! Oh and they said an engineer was going to be sent to investigate - they cancelled that call!

What do I have to do get this issue resolved please? Can anyone help? Sky..... all is forgiven!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
StuartDonaghy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: My connection drops out and is slower than the minimum guaranteed speed - does anyone care?

I'm in the same boat as you! 

Sorry I don't have anything to help, but I feel your pain :smileysad:

0 Ratings
So-Fed-Up
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Re: My connection drops out and is slower than the minimum guaranteed speed - does anyone care?

Thanks Stuart - to add to the pain they also overcharged me by £50 on my first bill as they thoght I had moved my line from a different property.  I hadn't, and I can only have my money back as a credit on my next bill.  What a cheek hey - I should charge them interest!! AND AND I tried to apply for my free gift (voucher) and the website said I didn't qualify for it! I contacted them and they said I can have it but the confirmation came through and it was less than what it should have been! Argghhh they say they have sorted it now but we'll see!

0 Ratings
StuartDonaghy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Ha! From your original OP & now this, it sounds like you're describing my problems to a tee! 

0 Ratings
So-Fed-Up
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I get the feeling the could be a bit of a stressful journey sorting this out! Best of luck to you - I'd be interested to hear if you get it sorted 👍

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@So-Fed-Up

if  you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
So-Fed-Up
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks John - where would you like me to post this information? Presumably you don't want me to post it on a  public forum?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

yes like every other poster on the forum does there is no personal information there

0 Ratings