cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

My connection is getting slower

Hi all, I've noticed over the last few weeks that my broadband speed is dropping. My hub is left on continuously but it sometimes reboots itself maybe every 2 to 3 weeks. I've restarted the hub this morning manually to see if this improved thins but it didn't seem to have any effect. Below are images of what i used to have and what i get now

IMG_0007.jpg

Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 11.06.35.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: My connection is getting slower

Probably due to crosstalk as more customers have taken up service. You won't be able to tell the difference in normal usage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

At some point though, it's logical to assume that it will have an effect though as it gets slower and slower and the quality of video and games get better and better etc?

0 Ratings
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Just wondering what options are available to stop the speed dropping ny further? 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

Get a leased line or stop worrying.

0 Ratings
tomwalsh77
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Been noticing a lot of buffering when watching Netflix, not sure if it’s an issue with Netflix or BT but I’m guessing that it’s because my line is getting slower. Can’t wait to get a proper connection, used to have a really good connection, never had an issue with streaming until this slowing down started to happen. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

A drop from 74 to 69mb as @licquorice @said won't be noticeable when streaming but quite few posts with netflix problems

post hub stats hh5 troubleshooting then helpdesk. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

HD Netflix requires about 5Mbps, even 4k UHD only needs 25Mbps

0 Ratings