cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alang1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

My fibre optic Broadband been turned off twice now at the start of the month some complication...

Go to solution

with some other provider wanting to to take over my line.

I recieved three letters in february asking me to phone BT as somebody was wanting to take over my line I contacted BT and told them no other provider had contacted me nor me them. Then my internet went off on the Ist of March and after being passed from pillar to post eventually I got an engineer to call and yes id been cut off and he managed to reconnect me again. 

Ist of April the same thing happened but this time I was really passed from pillar to post it took a full eight hours on the phone always getting passed to somebody else anyway the engineer came round and was here ages like the last guy and he also came to the conclusion id been switched off and he reconnected the copper broadband for me and told me to recontact BT about switching my fibre optic back on has my customer account looks to have been ceased.

Today I go on BTonline help and again get passed from pillar to post and the final person I was passed to told me to contact openreach. Their phone system is just passing you off you cant speak to them the phone system says if you have a problem with your broadband you need your provider to get in touch with them.

Can somebody please help me I'm going round in circles if I phone them again the same thing is going to happen all them call centres do is just start asking what lights are on the router thing and then pass me onto somebody else.

I seem completely unable to resolve this problem that isnt anything to do with me in the first place I never asked to go with another provider.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My fibre optic Broadband been turned off twice now at the start of the month some complication..

Go to solution

Only people that can help you are forum kids who are BT employees. They will post a contact us link here. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in about 7 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Re: My fibre optic Broadband been turned off twice now at the start of the month some complication..

Go to solution

Hi @Alang1,

Welcome to the community forum. Reading your post, it sounds like you have been through a bit of a nightmare recently. I'll be able to help you with your complaint. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Alang1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy form filled in.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Alang1,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad the engineer was able to get the connection sorted for you. If you have any further problems please post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings