Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aftonandpaul
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

My free infinity 2 upgrade was not applied, please advise

Hi all,

I signed up for BT Inifinity (up to 52Mb) last Autumn. A key promise that was made prior to signing up was that a widespread FREE upgrade to 76Mb was imminent (see link on story here Free upgrade to 76Mb). I have a screen grab of the conversation I had with the online salesperson as evidence of this

I signed up, looking forward to that upgrade.

However the upgrade in speed was never applied. As of today, my account still says I'm on an up to 52Mb plan (see pic 1)

Capture1.JPG

I phoned customer service several times and have been told two different things on different occasions:
1) I missed the upgrade window (not correct)

2) My line can't support the upgrade so it wasnt applied

Point 2) seemed plausible I thought. However, I'm 300m away from the cabinet, and my speed tests put me right at the top of the scale (i.e. I get 51.1Mb Down 9.9 down). Here's the results from FTTC checker (see pic 2).

Capture2.JPG

What's more, if I look at my router stats, my max speed is actually very close to the 76 down/20 up that I'd like to be getting (see pic 3).

Capture 3.png

I'm a bit unhappy that I'm not getting what I was promised before signing up - if my line can't handle it thats one thing, but the data I have suggested my line could support higher than 52, and probably close to the full 76?

What do you think? Does the data I've provided support my case that the line can handle the upgrade?

If so I need some help getting this point across.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: My free infinity 2 upgrade was not applied, please advise

he is BT information page about speed boost  do you qualify?  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Read this link which states you had to have ordered Infinity 1 before 28 September 2017 to qualify  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56165/~/questions-about-the-bt-infinity-1-speed-upgra...

Rats , too slow again beaten by imjolly Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
aftonandpaul
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the replies! 🙂

1) Just so I can satisfy my curiousity, does the data suggest my line could support the higher speed?

2) With regards to eligibility, yes, see the sales assistant comments from the online chat below (two pics below), I copied the comments and pasted into a file for future reference.  His reassurance that I would be upgraded was a big factor in my signing up.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

can't see any dates just times  did you order before 28/9/17? which was a condition of boost?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
aftonandpaul
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Can't remember exactly when, I'll see if I can dig out the confirmation email.

However, prior to signup I was led to believe I would get the upgrade, as the transcript in my previous post shows.

While Im looking, can anyone comment on my line stats and tell me whether it could indeed support Infinity 2 speeds?

Thanks

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

The max rate is showing as  81/24 so you should get the top end of Infinity 2 speeds

AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

your hub is reporting max acheve speed of 21Mb up and 81 down so i would think yes it could support infinity2 at max speed (or at least close to it) if you did qualify for it.