cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

My neighbour has FTTP but it's not available to me

Go to solution

My neighbour and I share the same postcode, telegraph pole and green cabinet. He is up and running with FTTP but all the online checkers I try say it's not available to me. And it seems that I'm surrounded by fibre enabled poles in my area. I've tried ringing BT and Openreach but I'm having no luck whatsoever, what next?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: My neighbour has FTTP but it's not available to me

Go to solution

@stonypaul 

Are you an existing BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

if Bt broadband customer then enter phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

No I'm not, is that relevant?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@stonypaul wrote:

No I'm not, is that relevant?

@stonypaul Yes it is, as this is a BT Retail customer forum, and has no connection to Openreach.

If you get your broadband from another provider, then you need to ask on their user forum.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

you should be posting on your own ISP forum

anyway try using address in checker - just not as accurate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@imjolly I tried that checker even though I'm not with BT and it says that FTTP is not available. Does that mean not available from BT because I'm with with BT or not available full stop? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@stonypaul 

Not all providers offer FTTP, so you would need to ask your existing provider, as the Openreach address checker is not accurate.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

that would suggest FTTP not available to you as the address checker works whether BT or not

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@stonypaul 

Is your neighbour's FTTP provided by a company using Openreach's infrastructure - eg BT?

In my area, Milton Keynes, whilst Openreach are installing fibre in some areas, my particular estate is currently only cabled up by Cityfibre - which BT do not use.

Could this be the case in your area as well?

0 Ratings