cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

My street can get fibre internet but not my house

Hi, I moved house last year and requested to bring my BT fibre internet service with me. Dismayed to find that there is no fibre connection to my house however there is fibre to the junction box and to all my neighbours in the same street only 30 metres away.  This seems unfair and discriminatory to exclude our house when it was built at the same time 6 years ago, on the same estate and so close by. Please advise. My postcode is BS36 2FL 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: My street can get fibre internet but not my house

Do you have an active phone line ?  With broadband? Which ISP?

enter zphone number or address and post results. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

There is a BT line here however we only currently use 4G network due to low speed with standard broadband. I completed checks with postcode these are results ADSL available FTTP not available although open reach have been working on street and other houses on same street have FTTP.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Results are:

Exchange is Winterbourne
WBC ADSL 2+ Upto 2 available
ADSL max Upto 1.5 available
WBC fixed rate 0.5 available
Fixed rate 0.5 available
FTTP is not available

I have checked previously there is fibre to cabinet and there is Fibre to premises for even house numbers and 7+ on Wylington road.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The post code check is the least accurate way of checking. It can cover an area that has more than one cabinet. 

If you don't have a functioning BT phone number for the property a slightly better way of checking is using the address checker.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, I have used the address checker Postcode then selected house number and have posted the results, see previous reply.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You say you have a BT line so use the number in the checker.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

it may be that the cabinet is full hence why you cannot at present get FTTC - openreach are in process of expanding your cabinet with estimated date of july 2020

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.