cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 121 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Having talked to BT this morning and got a call back from Bangalore, I certainly was not pulling a "fast one" quite the opposite, I appear to be a customer that slipped through the cracks during my last contract renewal and will be receiving the new router, compensation for the excessive bill I've been having, the new reduced tarrif and the latest router.

I will be very happy if this actually happens, probably everyone should be phoning up to check their current contract is correct as apparently I'm owed quite a significant amount enough to pay my entire bill for the next 19 1/2 months (and possibly longer with the reduced future payments).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 122 of 130

I'm glad you've got that sorted Philip. As much as I like to call out poor service delivery, I think your experience is whereas not isolated, quite rare. At the end of your contract the onus is on the client to contact the supplier to negotiate a new contract should they so wish or go on to the standard rate; a bit like mortgages really. Glad you have that sorted though.

I can confirm that like many others my NTP started working soon after 17:25 yesterday. I had a very long chat with a guy from the CEO's complaints office. I was amazed to be told that BT were only aware of the issue affecting 4 users. 🙂

Maybe in the RCA meeting today they will be looking at why their alerting didn't trigger a quicker response. It would also be good to see BT come and join us in the 21st century with regards to client contact and communication. There are plenty of really good examples of how to do it well out there.

If there are parents out there who have parental controls challenges, once again I would encourage you to look at the Circle with Disney unit. Try www meet circle dot com, it really is a great device for £99 and if anyone needs help setting one up, I'm more than happy to offer some advice.

<<Case Closed>>

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 123 of 130

@TheOldWiseMan wrote:

I'm glad you've got that sorted Philip. As much as I like to call out poor service delivery, I think your experience is whereas not isolated, quite rare. At the end of your contract the onus is on the client to contact the supplier to negotiate a new contract should they so wish or go on to the standard rate; a bit like mortgages really. Glad you have that sorted though.

Actually the reason why I'm getting such a large refund is because I did renegotiate my contract just under two years ago (19.5 months apparently) but something didn't go through correctly and it was only complaining about the broken replacement router that got someone looking at my account, it probably doesn't hurt that my village was one of the ones that was prioritised for the Infinity service some time ago when there were all the "UK coverage" issues and I signed up immediately. I'm surprised about the CEO's office receiving so few complaints I sent mine in (though I never got a response about people in Newcastle etc..., I assumed they were overwhelmed), and thought possibly that's why I was getting such good treatment this morning. I will have a look at circle though I think it may be a little young for my 13 year old Mensa IQ, irate teenager, hence the need for device blocking, supervision and strict times. Though the reality is that there is no technical solution that can deal with free wifi hotspots.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 124 of 130

Furthermore the Access Control feature does nothing to prevent ongoing 24hr internet access via mobile data.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 125 of 130

It is hard to provide that level of protection, however there is a paid for add on to the Circle called Circle Go which extends it's features on to Mobile Devices when conencted by cellular and public wi-fi. I'm not using that myself yet, but the fuctionality is there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 126 of 130

As I said before, install and configure K9 on each device. That will block access to the sites you object to your children visiting no mateer which type of connection they use.

Best of all it's FREE!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 127 of 130

@pippincp wrote:

As I said before, install and configure K9 on each device. That will block access to the sites you object to your children visiting no mateer which type of connection they use.

Best of all it's FREE!

... but will it stop Mensa IQ rated children!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 128 of 130

While K9 may be good for younger children with no external internet access, using a school computer and my son could google 

k9 web protection how to get around

(which is actually auto suggested by google) and I've just tried it out and it's not bad as long as the device isn't shared by any adult (I'm not comfortable by the way it turns off https). I'd say the major issue is the block page clearly stating the product rather than just denying access, so an easy search outside of the house to bypass it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 130

@gg30340 wrote:

@pippincp wrote:

Best of all it's FREE!

Only parental supervision will, and while I'm proud of my son he's not that emotionally mature, swings and roundabouts my friend it's been as difficult to raise him as a disabled child (and I'm disabled so it's something I have experience of).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 130 of 130

@Philip_Clarke wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

@pippincp wrote:

Best of all it's FREE!

Only parental supervision will, and while I'm proud of my son he's not that emotionally mature, swings and roundabouts my friend it's been as difficult to raise him as a disabled child (and I'm disabled so it's something I have experience of).

I am sure all parents are proud of their children and have difficulties in raising them to varying degrees.

0 Ratings