cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Hi been having this "Current Time:  Retrieivng" problem.  BT help decided I had a faulty Hub4 and sent out new Hub4.  New Hub4 set up and guess what BT help failed as I am still having access problems and as the unit is unable to retrieve the Time.  We have a very active family and need access controls.  BT is failing us again!

PH 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 130

Just as an aside to those that are using BT Access Controls (which are rubbish), I have been using a Circle for the last 5 months and it is absolutely FANTASTIC. It is the best £100 I have ever spent and puts me firmly in control of my 3 lads devices (of which they have many and varied)

meet circle.com - Not many UK users yet, but my experience with the US support has been exemplary, even with an engineer logging into my box to put a new firmware on to fix a British Summer Time issue within 48 hours. It is supported for the UK and available from Amazon UK. search for

Circle with Disney Parental Controls and Filters for Wireless Devices

I'm not associated with the manufacture or the supplier in any way, just a very happy customer who stumbled across a product that allows me to do everything that every other product didn't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 130

the problem is being investigated as a forum mod has already posted they will post back here when they have more information
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 24 of 130

I am also seeing this problem on my BT home hub 5. Very frustrating.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 130

Me too. Have done a complete system reset back to default settings and the current time is continually set as "retrieving" making the access controls completely useless (as like others with no time, there is no ability to set any time limits)

Is there any manual way to set the NTP server? I remember on older hubs there appeared to be?

Interestingly it appears the time server is down

PING ntp.homehub.btopenworld.com (213.120.234.122): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Request timeout for icmp_seq 6

Request timeout for icmp_seq 7

Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

Request timeout for icmp_seq 9

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 130

I'd just like to add my 50p's worth to say it's affecting me too. I also use Access Control to limit the time online for a teenager and it's extrememly irritating that this has now been unresolved by BT for days...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 130

And to add another twist, if you install a brand new hub at the moment, it will attempt a firmware upgrade and get a firmware date of 01 Jan 0000.

Wonder whether that is going to cause a whole raft of issues further down the line.

I am currently stunned by the silence from BT on this. It has been days now and I think it's probably time that it made it on to the BBC web site. "BT fails to support parents with Access Controls for their children"

Poor show if you ask me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 130

I have India phoning me back unfortunately the gentleman fails to understand that if the time server where the hub gets its data is down, then the hub is not going to be able to retrieve the time. So far he was walked me very slowly through all the beginner stuff and now we're on a pause as I've had to put a pin in the back to press the reset button (no suprise that doesn't work).

I have a teenager too, the only alternative I have found is to tick the box and block the devices entirely and manually though you could turn on the "My Security Settings" by going to bt.com but then that screws up every computer in the house as it's a very blunt tool even if you block and allow specific websites, chances are that everyone will get blocked.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 29 of 130

There's nothing the support desk can do for ytou with this problem so pointless ringing them. The problem is being investigted. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 130

I recommend everyone phones up India, seriously they are sending me a new home hub, the gentleman had not got a clue about time servers, that it was not responding, and that the hub didn't work after a hardware reset, so the "solution" is to send out a brand new hub.

Now I know that it's not going to solve the issue, that the only thing that will is probably turning on and off the NTP server (bit over simplified) but hell, it's a free hub 🙂

0 Ratings