cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
419 Views
Message 71 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock


@john46 wrote:

@drmrbrewer

 

had a pc problem and was unable to complete the post Parental controls operate at network level Access control is at hub level therefore the NTP problem has no effect on the Parental controls operation 


Yes but as mentioned, the BT parental controls can be circumvented very easily by any teen, I believe one o the VPN company's CEO was actually a school child that created the easy way to get around his school's network. Unfortunately there's no solution except device blocking and supervision, and the BT parental controls don't block emails which for a teen is old fashioned but perfectly suitable for them to be groomed.

 

Another inconvenience is that his school issues updates, homework and general information over the internet including twitter, not being able to specify the BT parental controls on a network mac address means that even going for a cup of tea and the little blighter could go on social media as the parental controls are on a housewide basis and otherwise I'm in the dark about what his school is saying online. 

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
507 Views
Message 72 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

So back to the main issue - BT Access Control clock time constantly retrieving....

 

i have just discovered something that may be of interest to the moderators...

 

I have 2 BT broadband lines at home , one for residential and one for business. I have just logged into the admin manager / BT Access Control on the Business Line / Business Hub 5 and the CLOCK TIME IS ACCURATE !!!

 

So if they can get the clock to be synced on the business line why oh why is it still retrieving on the residential line?

 

BA worldwide outage a few weeks ago was caused by human error - something unplugged - could we be seeing a similar situation here??

 

Come on moderators - whats the hold up - can we have an update please this is getting ridiculous!! My kids think its hilarious because Mum can't block the internet access !!

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
514 Views
Message 73 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock


@keb17 wrote:

 

 My kids think its hilarious because Mum can't block the internet access !!


Take control, wipe the smile off their faces by unplugging the Homehub!

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
509 Views
Message 74 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Really silly idea. Unplugging resets everything on the hub and also means noone can access the internet. I'm going for the old-fashioned option - confiscation of all devices until further notice !!!😂
0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
504 Views
Message 75 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Either way, it makes you the parent rather than trying to get technology to do it. Well done.

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
486 Views
Message 76 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Done the device confiscation thing so many times, but I normally reserve that for punishment and his school is so wired it's very difficult for him to be offline the whole time (homework submitted from google drive etc...) So supervision and timed access (and hence why this lack of NTP server is so frustrating), so if I'm doing the dinner he's not sneaking off wherever. I'm sure many people don't have the time that I have to supervise him.

The best "electronic grounding" was giving him a £10 chocolate bar phone. At least he was able to text when the bus was late.
0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Sage
467 Views
Message 77 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B


@Philip_Clarke wrote:
Done the device confiscation thing so many times, but I normally reserve that for punishment and his school is so wired it's very difficult for him to be offline the whole time (homework submitted from google drive etc...) So supervision and timed access (and hence why this lack of NTP server is so frustrating), so if I'm doing the dinner he's not sneaking off wherever. I'm sure many people don't have the time that I have to supervise him.

The best "electronic grounding" was giving him a £10 chocolate bar phone. At least he was able to text when the bus was late.

You can always install the FREE K9 app on his device and set it up in more ways than you can in an ISP device, problem solved.

 

Built by parents for parents and been going longer than any ISP blocking or access controls.

 

Multi platform too!

0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
442 Views
Message 78 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Only one thing left to do. Telegraph money! Oher ideas. Email the CEO of BT. Tweet and post on FB. #it'sgoodtotalk BT fails parents and children for days without parental controls for the sake of fixing a clock.
They are not listening to us or the moderators. They are not even bothering to keep us updated. They only care if we go public.
0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
Sage
428 Views
Message 79 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B


@hilltophouse wrote:
Only one thing left to do. Telegraph money! Oher ideas. Email the CEO of BT. Tweet and post on FB. #it'sgoodtotalk BT fails parents and children for days without parental controls for the sake of fixing a clock.
They are not listening to us or the moderators. They are not even bothering to keep us updated. They only care if we go public.

Do you really think BTWholesale don't care about this issue? They know there's a problem, it is obviously bigger than anyone expected and is taking time to resolve.

 

Do you really think server issues can be resolved with the wave of a magic wand?

 

See my post above which you may find an even better option than relying on ISP carp. You'll never have an issue with that app!

 

Why does everybody expect ISP's to wetnurse them and have no problems???

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
415 Views
Message 80 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B


@pippincp wrote:

@hilltophouse wrote:
Only one thing left to do. Telegraph money! Oher ideas. Email the CEO of BT. Tweet and post on FB. #it'sgoodtotalk BT fails parents and children for days without parental controls for the sake of fixing a clock.
They are not listening to us or the moderators. They are not even bothering to keep us updated. They only care if we go public.

Do you really think BTWholesale don't care about this issue? They know there's a problem, it is obviously bigger than anyone expected and is taking time to resolve.

 

Do you really think server issues can be resolved with the wave of a magic wand?

 

See my post above which you may find an even better option than relying on ISP carp. You'll never have an issue with that app!

 

Why does everybody expect ISP's to wetnurse them and have no problems???


@pippincp

 

 

Well said the problem does not appear to be affecting all hub users I have had a phone round  to a few hub 4, 5 & 6 all who are having no NTP problems of any kind 

0 Ratings
Reply