Yep, doing the same thing!

ScreenShot_001.jpg

0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 12 of 62

Re: Need help badly

Go to solution

I have just tried my girlfriend and sisters Openreach modems with the same results. These work perfect on their own BT Infinity so I don't think the modems are faulty. Had enough of this darn fault to be honest.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 62

Go to solution

@Joe33158 wrote:
Sorry I misread the post I just swapped over modems, I will try this now. My mistake.

What do you mean "swapped over modems"? The modem is the white openreach box that your router connects to.We want you to try a direct connection to that with no router inbetween.

You've never mentioned having more than one modem.

0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 14 of 62

Go to solution

I have swapped the Openreach modems. I have my sisters and my girlfriends routers and modems here, as well as a spare Openreach modem and router the engineers left with me about 18 months ago and I also have a Draytek 2750n VDSL Router.

When I connect any off these I get the same results.

Any white Openreach modems on their own - Same problem

Any white Openreach modem + Any BT router - Same problem

Draytek 2750n - Same problem

It keeps logging me off the server (connection teminated), then it has to authenticate (log in) again hence disconnecting me from the internet, that's what I can see when using the Draytek so when the hub and Openreach modem are connected I can only assume when the light turns orange and then back to blue on the BT Hub that it's doing the same thing. BT tech support won't essclate the problem because as far as they are concerned there is no problem and have sent me another router which I know is not going to solve the problem as I have 3 other 100% working Openreach modems and 3 100% working BT Home Hubs. It's really frustrating when telling tech support that I have done all this and then they run me through a motion to clean cookies from my browser and insist the router may be at fault and when I asked what happens when I plug in the new router and still face the same problem I am told there will be nothing more they can do and that I have to contact someone local.

At the end of the day, if this happens BT are clearly not providing me with a service I am paying for hence recinding their end of the contract and therefore in breach and I will have the option to cancel without being held to term as the contract works both ways.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 62

Go to solution

Hi Joe33158,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, it's clear you've eliminated your router and modem set up as being the cause of the drops.  If you send us over your details we'll be happy to get this looked into further. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your BT account details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 16 of 62

Go to solution

Ok NeilO, I have forwarded on the information as requested. Hopefully I'll get this sorted as it's starting to drive me nuts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Graham345
Contributor
Message 17 of 62

Go to solution

I'd bet this turns out to be a dodgy cabinet install. When it comes down to it, devices generally tend to be more reliable than humans. My fault took a total of 7 Openreach 'engineers' (3 in the cabinet at once on one visit) and 11 hours on site, and they still didn't even get the line  re-synched to the ISP afterwards . .

0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 18 of 62

Go to solution

Additional information

My other sister who lives close to me around 500 yards is also suffering from the same problem and is also on BT Infinity. I only found out today as I had not talked to her in a few days. I advised her to contact BT although they might tell her the same info as me, that there's no fault but at the very least she will probably end up with a spare router. She's not in a contract so she said if it's not fixed she will just move to Talk Talk. Out of the frying pan I said but if the faults and issues can't be address properly and BT are telling their customers to find someone local to fix their problems and that there's nothing more they can do then it won't be long before a lot more people move to another ISP.

0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 19 of 62

Go to solution
The thing that cracks me up Graham is the line is perfect, no disconnections at all, once the login starts it connects and after a while it terminates and the cycle begins again. I haven't been thrown off from 11.11am this morning but the speed is dismal, between 300kbs and 15mb's. If I run a test on any sites the needle bounces all over the place, if I download anything it just sticks and starts and in many cases because of the disconnection it has to re-start the download after being at maybe 98% which is just seriously frustrating.
0 Ratings
Joe33158
Contributor
Message 20 of 62

Go to solution

Opened my mouth too soon, just got disconnected at 3.50pm. Was waiting on it as it usually starts this caper from 3.30pm onwards! Think I'll go out for a while before I lose my mind 😞

0 Ratings