cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Need my DLM/SNR reset after duff rouuter caused multiple resets

Go to solution

Ok so still some weird going’s on. Last disconnect was 5 days ago now and for the past 5 days my SNR has shot up on both uplink and downlink. Upstream is now 15.4 downstream is 19.9 

was sitting pretty at 6db and 9db reflectively before this.

Upstream current rate in last connection is still 19999

downstream is 79999

actual speeds are only a few mb off where they should be on download and actually bang on for upload. I just can LTV for the life of me figure out why my SNR continues to increase.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

so your speed is now back to the max 80/20 for fibre 2

as I posted before your high noise margin is good and is due to the large difference between your attainable speed and your actual speed  nothing to worry about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Ok I’m with you now. So basically living close to the cabinet I can expect these high SNR profiles as long as my actual speed is stable and good then?

Bit of a newb when it comes to this and trying to become an expert overnight by the power of Google. Thanks for the help!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@pembssurf wrote:
Ok I’m with you now. So basically living close to the cabinet I can expect these high SNR profiles as long as my actual speed is stable and good then?

yes  being so close and with good line your attainable is great and should BT ever increase the max from 80mb you would be in a great place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

SNR is actually a misnomer, the figure shown is actually the SNRM (signal to noise ratio MARGIN) which is an indication of how much margin you have before the actual SNR becomes a problem.

0 Ratings