cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyLewry
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Need to use port2 on an Openreach fttp white box (modem?)

Go to solution

Hi everyone.

I have an fttp service running to a single BT home hub. The Openreach white wall box has 4 ports on it with only port 1 currently being used. I am having intermittent drops of service on my main computer which is wired to the homehub.

I am fortunate in having an additional homehub available but don't want to swap out as it will take out an unbelievable number of wifi connections while I am testing the changeover.

I foolishly thought that plugging the new homehub into port 2 and using it solely as a wired feed to my desktop would be a good test without destroying what works around the rest of the house from the first homehub.

All I get is an orange light on the new homehub. The openreach box shows a blue light over "port 2". 

I am guessing that I need to set this new homehub up as something else to stop confusing the openreach box.

Has anyone else tried this before?

Thanks everyone

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need to use port2 on an Openreach fttp white box (modem?)

Go to solution

You have the 4+2 ONT. Openreach would need to enable service on Port 2.

It would be a separate OGEA Circuit to your existing one. Basically you’d have to pay for a second FTTP Service.

TonyLewry
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Need to use port2 on an Openreach fttp white box (modem?)

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. That would explain my problem! I thought it all looked too simple!

0 Ratings