Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H18WKD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Neighbours Have FTTP I Don't

Go to solution

So i recently moved into a new property, after moving my broadband from my old address to the new one i was shocked to find i couldn't order FTTP.  Assuming i was stuck with FTTC i continued with my order. However once the order was complete my connection was extremely slow. After introducing myself to my new neighbours i asked if they had slow broadband like myself. To my surprise they all stated no and that they had FTTP. I managed to see an openreach engineer installing FTTP into one of my neighbours property and asked why i couldn't place an order. He stated that i should be able to place an order as the Fibre lines are in the duct but after further investigation he said it hadn't been connected to 3 house number 7 8 and 9, Me being number 9. He advised i contact my supplier and ask them to send a form to update the records so i could place an order. Unfortunately every time i ring BT no one seems to know what form and refers me back to Openreach. Unfortunately every number im given to contact openreach either results in the call disconnecting or an automated message advising me to contact my supplier. Could someone please advise me what im doing wrong or what i need to do in order to have the Fibre line connected to my property and to update the records.

Thank You

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Neighbours Have FTTP I Don't

Go to solution

Try 08005874787 which is FTTP team

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
H18WKD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you for the reply, Unfortunately after contacting the FTTP they do not know what form im talking about. Does the form to update to database have a name by any chance ?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

If you are trying to update openreach database then ISP submits an ORDI to openreach. You need to make sure your address is connect on Royal Mail database first

enter your phone number and post the results. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

& try doing the same DSL Checker for one of your neighbours who does get FTTP.

0 Ratings
H18WKD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you for the information, I managed to check both mine and one of my neighbours please see below. I have removed the phone number for myself and my neighbour.

Mine

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number  on Exchange BRIDGEND is served by Cabinet 79

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)22.113.12.30.811.4AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)22.112.32.30.89AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand1000220--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1--1 to 3Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)12.52     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)2.2     
Observed Date2020-02-26     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapY      
VRI--      
NTEFaceplate--      
Last Test Date28-02-2020      

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
H18WKD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

My Neighbours

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange BRIDGEND is served by Cabinet 79

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install Process
ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)21.513.11.90.811.1AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)21.211.81.90.88.5AvailableAvailable-- 
WBC FTTPUpto 1000Upto 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure-- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3Available--Yes 
ADSL MaxUp to 0.75--0.75 to 2.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available--Yes 
Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)17.51     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)2.25     
Observed Date2019-12-18     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date24-02-2020      

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

As you can see you number does not show FTTP available to you. FTTPoD is something different and. Due to cost is for business

0 Ratings
H18WKD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
That's the part i don't understand there are 16 house in my street all of them except 3 can have FTTP. I dont understand why we cannot.
0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

I’ve never heard of this form either

0 Ratings