cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 52

Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

Hi. I have been through all the checks for eligibility for Fibre but I have drawn a blank. The DSL checker states that I am only eligible to ADSL (1.8mbs line capacity max), despite the fact that all neighbours in my street (connected to the same cabinet), have FTTC speeds of over 30mbs ( I have asked them). The cabinet is eligible for FTTC and taking orders so I just dont understand how lines identically connected can cause this. I have been in touch with Sky and BT and both very helpful but cannot resolve the issue and will not offer Fibre services. I have emailed Openreach but I am not hopeful of a resolution. I have even now raised this with my local Council as I think there is a mistake in the FTTC line system somewhere and maybe they missed my property out when they rolled out to my postcode/cabinet. Maybe the line I took up is a very old one and needs replacing but how am I to know this?
Can anyone on here advise on some next steps? I have exhausted all options on getting the issue investigated and really do think that 1.8mbs is a case for investigation if everyone living around me is getting 30+mbs.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
51 REPLIES 51
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 52

Re: Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

What does the Openreach checker say for your telephone number?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 52

What exchange and cabinet are you on according to the Wholesale DSL checker? What cabinet number do your neighbours show up as on the DSL checker?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 52

Hi Webby. Thanks for your reply. OR checker says Fibre is available to order at my Cabinet. Cabinet 51 which is the same as all of my neighbours and is located some 3kms away which then surprises me that they can all get speeds over 30mbs and I have asked them to confirm. The DSL checker says the same and identical info for my neighbours which is why no provider will offer me Fibre or anything faster than 1.8mbs. Basically, I have no details on the DSL for anything other than ADSL to a max of 2mbs and my neighbours all have Fibre capability in addition to the ADSL capability ranging from 30 to 50mbs. I can screenshot the details to show the comparisons if that helps but the BT sales guy was baffled by this but couldnt help me... I really have run out of ideas to rectify it and am adament it is an oversight with the cabinet upgrade on my street... What to do 😞
Any help appreciated...
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 52

On the DSL checker my VDSL Range A says 2.9 Max and my neighbours 30-49.1mbs!!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 52

Definately only getting 1.8 - I got it checked...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 52

What exchange are you served by?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 52

Yeah please put up the screenshots showing your neighbours (using their number, not address).
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 52

What couod be the possible reasons for such speed differences?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 52

Database error or your line could be routed differently if there were no available spares on the normal route when the line was provided etc.

Is your ADSL Speed estimation the same as your immediate neighbours?

0 Ratings