Sage
Message 21 of 52

Re: Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

@WebbySnap.Smiley LOL

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 52

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I was saying I am getting nowhere with the providers for my BB, not the advice I am getting here. You have been most helpful and it is much clearer on what my next step options are. Just one more quick question. If the Faster BB option doesnt work, what are the options available then... New line?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 52

I'd see if the mods on here can step in and see if they can get an explanation from Openreach. Are you 100% that the checker says you and your neighbours are on the same cabinet?

If the ADSL estimations are identical, then it's unlikely your line is longer and more likely to be a database issue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 24 of 52

100% sure they all say Cabinet 51 on the DSL checker. I will post the screenshots later and you can maybe cast your technical eyes over them. Maybe the Mods can help with the Openreach contact from a technical pov as it's difficult to detail everything via their Contact us facility...
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 52

Hi Webby, Sorry it is a bit jumbled but the first set of data is my neighbours and the second mine. The rest of the street has the same readings as my neighbour or more in some cases. It really is just me that has 2.9 VDSL Max. All on my street are served by Cabinet 51 located some 3kms away. So, do I go to BT for their Faster Broadband option, contact Openreach again or go begging BT for a new line...? Not sure I hold out much hope for any of them to be honest but any advice appreciated on the best course of action...

DSL Green Lane.pngDSL Green Lane.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 52

If you and your neighbours are 3km away, then it's their estimated speeds that are vastly wrong. Have any of them ordered and actually getting those speeds?

I'm not sure you'd get anything on VDSL2 at 3000m.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 52

Also - If say my line is routed differently to all of my neighbours... What are my options. I just did a BB speed test and I am currently getting 1.5mbs 😞

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 52

Yep they are definately getting uber fast speeds. One is on Infinity with BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 52

I have come to the conclusion that my line is routed differently to theirs... It must be. Any advice on how I request an OR engineer to come and investigate and change if possible would be appreciated... I wonder if requesting Faster Broadband would prompt them to route my line differently? There are three cabinets closer by but the new builds get priority now 😞

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 52

Have you tried checking your address/postcode on the royal mail system. If there is an error it might not come up with the right information for searches, does the same error come up for other ISP's?

http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder-address-enquiry-form

0 Ratings