cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 52

Re: Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

Yep all checked. Definately the right postcode.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 52

If it were me, I'd ordered. Suck it and see. Worst case you find out your line is longer than theirs and you go back to ADSL.

The cabinet is not 3km away if they're getting the predicted speeds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 52

Could it be that their line is routed to a cabinet closer by as a secondary connection? My neighbour is here now and she said she definately has good speeds as they streamed a film last night. No chance of me doing that...
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 52

I am thinking I might disconnect entirely and ask for a reconnection at my cabinet but a secondary connection via the cabinet up the road from me... I am not sure how successful that will be but better try that first I reckon. Not holding out much hope... but will try that first and rather than going down the path of another contract. Thanks Webby... Youve been very helpful 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 52

You can't ask for a connection to a specific cabinet.

Send me a message with your postcode and address and I'll do a bit of digging see if I can find out anything further.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 36 of 52

@FibrelessSoutherner wrote:

Hi Webby, Sorry it is a bit jumbled but the first set of data is my neighbours and the second mine. The rest of the street has the same readings as my neighbour or more in some cases. It really is just me that has 2.9 VDSL Max. All on my street are served by Cabinet 51 located some 3kms away. So, do I go to BT for their Faster Broadband option, contact Openreach again or go begging BT for a new line...? Not sure I hold out much hope for any of them to be honest but any advice appreciated on the best course of action...

DSL Green Lane.pngDSL Green Lane.png

Can you post results by phone number for the same premises please ?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 52

I dont know my neighbours telephone numbers and my number isnt recognised on the checker as it wasnt originally a BT one. I took out a Sky deal when I moved in last Feb and have been trying to move to BT since Sky agreed my line speed couldnt take Fibre and they couldn't do anything there end to help with the speed issue... Perhaps try BT they said!
I did ask my ISP for a comparison recently and they have confirmed the same differences by address and number I assume.
By way of an update (and some advice on here), I requested BT Faster Broadband again yesterday and I was told that avcording to the line checker I couldnt have it... Too far away from the Cabinet....
So it is back to square one. I am convinced that my neighbours had something tweaked to make faster speed a reality on my street or were put into a better port/dp but without evidence of this from Openreach I am not able to confirm this for sure.
Openreach have said they will look into my enquiry but it will likely be a standard response which I had already and challenged. To be honest, I am feeling defeated with it all... No ISP i have tried will help and that means no Openreach Engineer will come take a look. It sucks when it is pretty obvious that just a simple assessment would establish the issue and a way forward could be discussed. It is simple as far as I can see but noone will help I suspect as I am probably classed with the % of people who just miss out and it will likely never change.
I am now looking into 4g options and have asked my local Council about their grant scheme which is available if your speed is <2mbs and you arent part of future roll out plans. I am eligible as the cabinet I am connected to is out of scope as it has already been upgraded (just people like me have not had a line capability check 😞 )

Frustrating... very... I am grateful for your advice though... It helped me explain alot more to my ISP, OR and BT but sadly no way forward as yet unless you guys have anymore good ideas... 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 52

The moderators on here may be able to help, however, you'd need to be a BT broadband customer first.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 52

Bit difficult when BT wont take me on Webby. Basically I am better off as I am because if I change to another BB supplier I will be tied into another contract. It basically sucks...
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 52

And BT is my preferred supplier... They are by far the best option for Infinity etc... Just can't get past the line check.
0 Ratings