cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 52

Re: Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

You can join BT as a regular ADSL broadband customer and then seek assistance that way. Like most ISP's, there's good offers for new customers. It's even more enticing if you use the likes of top cashback and apply to join while BT offer the pre paid mastercard.

For me, it would be worth the risk (there's no real risk) but only you can make that choice.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 42 of 52

I'm with @Webby but as he says it's your choice. You certainly won't be any worse off.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 52

My current ISP said that if I did that no OR engineer would come out because there is no fault with the line... I agree it is worth a shot but then I am tied into a deal that is just as bad and have knowingly signed up to it rather than where I am atm where I had no idea when I agreed to it last year...
There must be an alternative... Any MODs help? How do I request their assistance?
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 52

Potentially as bad*... Obv there is a small chance it is a databas error but unlikely really...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 52

An engineer won't attend for a broadband installation, that much is true.

ISP's have the ability to question Openreach to check their records, your current one don't seem like they can be bothered.

As I've said, you'll be in no worse position switching. Mods on here will only be able to help if you're a BT customer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 52

Hi @FibrelessSoutherner,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Sage
Sage
Message 47 of 52

@FibrelessSoutherner wrote:
My current ISP said that if I did that no OR engineer would come out because there is no fault with the line... I agree it is worth a shot but then I am tied into a deal that is just as bad and have knowingly signed up to it rather than where I am atm where I had no idea when I agreed to it last year...
There must be an alternative... Any MODs help? How do I request their assistance?

The mods cannot help you ATM as you are not a BT customer. As has been said if you become one you will be no worse off and possibly end up with a better deal as a new customer and the cashback option.

Basically as regards your broadband it is a win-win option, cashback on joining and a new customer deal. After that the mods may be able to help better than your current ISP.

The choice is yours, no-one can make the decision for you.

Looks like we were wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 52

Thanks @PaddyB. I will send something across this eve including screenshots of the DSL reads and summary of the issues etc...

Thanks all
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 49 of 52

You are obviously honoured as it's the first time I've seen a mod take on a case from another ISP customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 50 of 52

Feeling very honoured 🙂

0 Ratings