cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 52

Re: Neighbours all have Fibre - I can't get it :(

Yes exactly the same. It is the VDSL that is so different...

So if my line is routed differently, are there options to change it to bring it into lone with my neighbours or am I stuck with it and it is tough luck? Seems rather unfair as I will now never get Fivre as my postcode has been done as far as Openreach is concerned..
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 52

Line* Fibre* Apologies for the spellings...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 52

It could simply be a database error. The only way to find out would be to order a fibre based service - BT Would offer you "faster total broadband".

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
daz5864
Message 14 of 52

Hello,

This sounds exactly like the same issue we have been experiencing. 

How would we go about ordering 'a fibre based service - BT Would offer you "faster total broadband' if when you go through the BT website or speak to customer services and they still say no, when we have neighbours all around us with fibre broadband?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 52

Faster total broadband is VDSL2 but not branded as Infinity as the speed estimations are below 15meg
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
daz5864
Message 16 of 52

Have you managed to get any further with your enquiries?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 52

I phoned BT last wk and the most they will offer is 3mps on the Faster Broadband VDSL. They are going off of the recorded VDSL speeds available on my line but my neighbours are all getting way over this... 38mbs and 51mbs I believe either side of me. One is on Plusnet, the other BT.

I will post the comparisons later webby when I have my laptop. Beginning to think it is my individual line but would Openreach be obliged in that case to upgrade and rectify to bring it into line with my neighbours? Would a cancellation of my line and reconnection change this ? If it is a technical error on the database how does one go about getting that corrected?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

Getting nowhere Daz 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 52

What I'm saying is that if it's a database error, then when VDSL is provided, you may well end up getting the same speeds as your neighbours. The only way yo find out however is to order it.

The speed isn't capped or limited to the 3meg estimation, you will get the max your line can achieve.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 52

If it is a database error then you would get the faster speed with the faster broadband package. The only downside would be a 2Mbps upload cap.

0 Ratings