cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Neighbours all have super fast broadband and I don’t? (terrace house, same cabinet)

Had a similar issue at my address for the last two years. However had FTTP installed few weeks back and during the process of the installation the Openreach engineers asked me if i'd had issues with my old FTTC service as when they took the openreach cover off the existing copper line (to add the fibre) they noticed that only 3 of the 5 coloured cables were actually connected which would probably account for my all ISP's were telling me my line couldn't support any speeds above 33mb.

Not sure whether you could get BT / Openreach to even check that out. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Neighbours all have super fast broadband and I don’t? (terrace house, same cabinet)

@Rainbowfountainswrote:

@CJT80 I haven’t actually moved into the property yet, I move in next month, so the tests I can perform are limited. The current owners and the neighbours both performed speed tests for me, both came up with similar results (33/9mbps) but I imagine they’re both on cheap packages. Unfortunately I don’t know what type of router it is.

It's a pity that instead of running speed tests you didn't just look at the hub connection stats for the max available speed.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@pippincp Please can you walk me through how to do that?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@darren221980 That’s interesting, yes I’m not sure how I’d get them to come out and check that

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

@darren221980 

not sure why you needed more wires connected for your FTTC as you only need 2 wires connected to you master socket for FTTC to give speed as fast as line can handle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@Rainbowfountains 

if you are able to contact the owners of your possible new home and next door neighbour then ask them to enter 192.168.1.254 in browser address bar and after entering admin password either go to troubleshooting then helpdesk for HH5 or advanced settings then technical log information for HH6/SH2 and post the stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

No idea, just going by what the openreach engineer told me at the entry point outside my house. He could have been talking bs for all i know.
0 Ratings