cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: Neighbours have access to FTTP but i don't?

You don't need ADSL for the records to update. All you need is a phone line.

Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 30

If you look on the Openreach web site it lists multiple ISP’s you can order FTTP from.

0 Ratings
theoverseer13
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

I phoned up BT and used the postcode on my council tax bill that’s different to everything else I’ve received. They have a number 10 but no road name just number 10 and my town name. Anyway I placed a fibre order using that address, I’m like 80% sure it’s my address, bt have two Cos(z)y cottages after all. They’re address database just seems to be a total mess. Anyway an engineer is coming around with 3-5 working days to plan how to give me fibre (providing he can find me) 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 30

@theoverseer13 wrote:

I phoned up BT and used the postcode on my council tax bill that’s different to everything else I’ve received. They have a number 10 but no road name just number 10 and my town name. Anyway I placed a fibre order using that address, I’m like 80% sure it’s my address, bt have two Cos(z)y cottages after all. They’re address database just seems to be a total mess. Anyway an engineer is coming around with 3-5 working days to plan how to give me fibre (providing he can find me) 

Does your council use the Openreach database to send out council tax bills?

0 Ratings
theoverseer13
Beginner
Message 15 of 30

My address is listed using both postcodes on Openreach  lol. But it’s got the house name and road name on the one I usually use. When I search council tax rates My property doesn’t appear under this other postcode so no idea where it’s come from. Water, electric, estate agents when I bought the house, google maps all show the one I use. 

0 Ratings
theoverseer13
Beginner
Message 16 of 30

Even the post office postcode finder lists my address under the one I use and not under the other one.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 17 of 30

You can get the Royal Mail/Post Office to correct their Postal Address File (PAF)
https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address
The Openreach address list is based on this PAF, as is the local councils , so if the council struggle with your address, then it’s no surprise other company’s that use the same data set also struggle, your address should only have one entry, if there are multiple entry’s then obviously your address won’t be an easy match, and with FTTP it’s critical for the address to be matched, getting service provided using an unmatched address, then gives your provide an opportunity to request an ORDI ( Openreach Database Integrity) where the correct match is kept and other partial or misleading entry’s are deleted .

The mods may remove the link to the RM/PO

pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

Doubt the mods will remove RM/PO link, never have when I've posted it.

The address is critical for FTTP as the ONT is registered to the address unlike a modem or hub for xDSL services.

0 Ratings
Interstella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 30

I'm a bit late to reply but I had a similar problem a year ago. My address was in the database twice. Once with the house name and one without. I originally ordered fibre using the address with the house name and it got cancelled. I wasn't notified and I only found out when no router arrived and nobody turned up on the appointed day. I ordered fibre again using the address without the house name and it the order was completed. It was hard work though as I was given all sorts of excuses...too far from the cabinet (it's one metre from my front garden fence), cabinet full (new cabinet, nobody connected at the time), my house doesn't actually exist (really!).  It took some help from people on here to get things sorted. This really shouldn't be happening but this forum is great for sorting out problems.

0 Ratings
ChrisGregg
Beginner
Message 20 of 30

I have the same problem; My next door neighbour has a new installation of FTTP (new build) but I can only get FTTC. Their cables come straight past the front of our property. I have raised complains with BT and Openreach but BT just close the complaint as they can not place an order without availability. Openreach have never responded to the online form other than a standard reply to open a community project. My neighbour has FTTP so not much point in that. How can I get BT or OpenReach to update the system to allow me to place an order. 

FTTP sounds like it should be OK, but the best I can get is 6Mbps download and 1mbps upload, which is hopeless when 2 kids are working online for school & I'm trying to do MS Teams & Zoom calls for work.

0 Ratings