cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Neighbours have broadband but I cant get ??

How can we be on the same cabinet & even the same pole as our neighbours but we are being told we cant get broadband? It doesn't make sense? Who can help?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Neighbours have broadband but I cant get ??

It makes sense if the cabinet is full and there are no spare ports available.

Put your phone number in the dsl checker and post a screenshot of the result, remember to edit out your number from the screenshot before posting. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

We don't have a landline . We purchased the property and are due to move in the 1st week of July.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Put the address in the checker, not as accurate as the phone number but will suffice to show if cabinet is full.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

collinsza_0-1592771562914.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

As you can see, the cabinet is full. All you can do is keep checking and order as soon as VDSL shows as available.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

According to that picture you can get fibre broadband FTTC, just not fibre to the premises FTTP. You should be ok. The waiting list is for GFAST
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

so i'm moving to a new home, working from home and have two kids doing online schooling and we can't get broadband - well that's fantastic.🙄

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

@james-kel wrote:
According to that picture you can get fibre broadband FTTC, just not fibre to the premises FTTP. You should be ok. The waiting list is for GFAST

Err, no. There is no G.Fast, the waiting list is for FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

You may be able to order ADSL2+ in the interim. Some areas are not accepting orders for ADSL but you could try.

0 Ratings