Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
loo1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Netflix...

Why can I not watch one full episode of anything on Netflix?
I have infinity 1,home hub 5,and TV is connected wireless, app is on smart TV. Speed and connection tests are fine.
I'm using power links as I can't plug TV into main phone line.
I've reset everything over and over again, but now I'm losing my mind.. Any advice, other than ditch BT?!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Netflix...

Sorry but is to connected wireless to hub or is it connected via powerline adapter?

posts stats from hub by going to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk

run btspeedtester and then diagnostic test and post results must be done wired

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

try connecting the TV using an ethernet cable to the hubit sounds like a wireless issue
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Sorry I have to break down what your tell us thus far ...

Why can I not watch one full episode of anything on Netflix? YES YOU CAN!

I have infinity 1 - SPEEDS FOR WATCHING ON NETFLIX ARE GREAT!

home hub 5 - LATEST BT HOME HUB IS GOOD WITH DUAL BAND WIFI

TV is connected wireless, app is on smart TV - SLIGHTLY CONFUSED WITH THIS LINE, WHY WIRELESS WHEN YOU HAVE POWERPLUGS

Speed and connection tests are fine. - AS I ALREADY THOUGHT

I'm using power links as I can't plug TV into main phone line. - THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU A WIRED LINK FROM YOUR HOMEHUB 5 LAN CONNECTION TO THE POWERLINK THEN FROM OTHER POWERLINK TO YOUR TV VIA ETHERNET CABLE!

If I missed something out please let us know but confusing me is why tv would be wireless if your using a powerlink, get back to us asap so we can get a better handle on what your doing there please.

0 Ratings
loo1
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi, the ethernet cable is in the bt TV box, not in my TV. I'm watching Netflix via the smart TV app, not the one on bt box.
So power links are wire on home hub and other one into bt TV box
Thanks for your reply.. Hope this helps a bit more.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Why not just buy an Ethernet switch and take a feed off the powerline adaptor to the Ethernet switch then feed from that to your BTTV and your Smart TV.

You can get a TP-Link 5 port switch for under £7.

This will give you a wired connection to your BTTV box and Smart TV and do away with any wireless problems.

NoobSaibot
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

@IceZaroth Watching stuff & torrenting is generally very poor.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

there are no problems with any streaming services if you use a wired connection wireless and streaming are not really the best way to connect
0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Dont be silly Streaming over Netflix via bt to your favourite device is not slow it is in fact sweet, if your having issues streaming to a wired connection you have issues for sure 🙂

and I didnt mention anything to do with torrents(Thats last century downloading of things like illigal movies), heads up for its all streaming now a days, who the hell downloads torrents any more thats like I said Yesteryears tech 🙂

0 Ratings