Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Never had such a poor experience, need help

Hello,

I signed up to BT Infinity 2 in April, had nothing but abysmal customer service and problems. I am not the sort of person to post a complaint on a forum, but I just don't know how to proceed.

Install went in fine, new master socket, the engineer had to run a cable to the DP on the wall (I live in Flats) and done a speed test when he was finished. Showing me I was getting 25Mb, I queried this as on the website I was told estimated speeds in my area are between 50Mb-70Mb. I was told speeds will go up after 'settling down' for a week or so. 

I was away for some time and the first time I used my broadband again was late May, now my speeds were 20Mb. I contacted BT customer service and the call centre staff told me this was not right, the minimum speed on BT Infinity 2 is 32Mb and in my area I should be getting 50Mb-75Mb. So he diagnosed the fault over the phone as a line issue and would be fixed in a few days by an engineer, who does not need access to my property. Comes the day it should be fixed and its not, but the fault ticket is resolved on the webpage. Call BT again, now the problem is in the exchange, same again wait a few days and it will be fixed and its not, but shows as resolved on the webpage. 

Call BT again, now I need an engineer. I wait in all afternoon and the appointment is cancelled without even telling me, I had to ring up customer service, who told me it was cancelled because the engineer diagnosed the fault as being in the exchange and guess what, it will be fixed in a few days and it wasn't.

Called BT again, need another engineer, well this time at least I got a call from the chap who said the fault is outside and he does not need to come round, so I go back to work and when I get home its still the same 20Mb.

I rang into BT again, at this point I am quite angry and told the staff I want this escalated and dealt with ASAP, so customer service booked me an engineer for today, this morning. No one turns up, no call or text, nothing. Rang in AGAIN only to find out the appointment has been cancelled due to BT Openreach being unable to fulfil the job. 

This is a joke, I have ANOTHER appointment booked in for Wednesday 25th morning, if this does not go ahead I am going to cancel my BT broadband, I have never received such poor service in all my life and I thought BT was a well respected professional company.

Has anyone has simular problems? and how were they fixed?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Never had such a poor experience, need help

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the info, I hope they are more helpful than the call centre team I was speaking to.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I'm sure they are and once they have read your post they should be able to help you until the problem is resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Hi Dean0

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
dean0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Sent an email

0 Ratings