cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: New BT Broadband, faults but no help?

@Nwridg wrote:

How long does it usually take to get a response on these? 

As the moderators are only a small team, and very busy, its likely to take at least three days, and possibly longer, as each request is dealt with in strict order.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Re: New BT Broadband, faults but no help?

Understood thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

BT Broadband Activation take 2

Hi,

So today is the second attempt at my broadband activation, its now past 10pm and still no connection/text message. I understand activation could happen anytime up until midnight “apparantly”, so there is still hope, but whats the reason for this? Why does it take all the way till midnight to activate?

I’m already preparing myself for the inevitable horrible morning where I see that dreaded orange light, but it’s not a great way to start a morning.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 17

Re: BT Broadband Activation take 2

Pardon me for stating the obvious but, have you left the hub connected to the BT socket and turned on? If so, leave it in that state for there is still time!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Oh yes indeed and I have been staring at it since 8am 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 17

@Nwridgwrote:

Oh yes indeed and I have been staring at it since 8am 🙂

Sorry! I have been there but that was some years ago. I remember the frustration but also the relief when that light began cycling through the colours until it settled on blue!

Hope it all turns out for the best.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

So I’ve had my call from case manager and BT Openreach went to the cabinet and confirmed for the second time that theres no port availability. I was told that they would ve adding/expanding availability this time so i’m seriously confused why they are just sending people to check if theres open ports now. Im being told mixed message every time I receive a call.

Now I must wait until 30th April so an even longer wait this time. At this point i’m just debating on swapping back to Sky as fibre is clearly just not available to me. Would I have this same issue swapping back to Sky if i’m not ordering fibre broadband?

0 Ratings