cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New BT FTTP Install - ONT on 2nd Floor, via roof? Is this possible

Hi!

Having a BT FTTP install done next week, and I want the ONT box installing on the 2nd floor (Loft Room)

I was hoping the engineer could just send the cable up the roof and then drill in via the roof, or the extension window box thing on top of house? is this doable?

The reason I want it up here is, its a private line only for me to my room, there is already a Virgin connection installed in the house via a room below. (Houseshare Rental)

Pictures of the Front and Rear of the property, showing the room in question where ideally I'd like the cable to come in for the ONT box

Front HouseFront House

Rear HouseRear House

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT FTTP Install - ONT on 2nd Floor, via roof? Is this possible

You would need to speak to the engineer when he/she comes to do the install. Only once he/she has carried out an external and internal inspection of your proposed route  would it be possible to say whether or not what you want is possible.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yeah I guess I'll just wait and see what they can do, at worst it'll have to come in to the bedroom below where the Virgin cable comes in, and then run a Ethernet from the ONT point there upstairs.. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @bogey_man50 and welcome to our community.

I'd be very interested to hear how the installation goes so please get back and let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings