I've previously had several Hub 6 routers which all kept dropping out, but when they were working, maintained the 50mb connection.
I've now been sent a BT Hub 5, and though the connection is now reliable, the Infinity 1 speed has dropped from 50mb to 8mb.
I've accessed the router settings, switched off smart set up, split the 5GHz band from 2.4GHz band, as advised by some online. But still the speed of the router is 8mb.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks
It's possible your line speed has been reduced by DLM due to the number of connection drops with the HH6.
Can you post lines 1 - 12 from the Helpdesk page via http://192.168.1.254 then Troubleshooting -> Helpdesk.
Here are lines 1-12 from the Help Desk. This was after switching the router off and on again because of low speeds.
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1615002106
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]
4. Board version: 01A
5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 00:04:40
6. Data Rate: 9995 / 54997
7. Maximum Data Rate: 30339 / 96806
8. Noise Margin: 22.0 / 22.6
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 /11.8
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 20.9 MB / 112.4 MB
12. Broadband username: email@example.com
You are connecting at the absolute maximum speed for Infinity 1. Are connecting wirelessly or wired?