cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oli2
Message 1 of 5

New BT Infinity 1 router not working. (orange light broadband symbol flashing red)

Hello,

I recently swapped from EE to BT, I've been sent the new router (I have fibre infinity 1 package ordered) and after setting it up (new internet speeds being activated tomorrow) the router doesn't work at all. I've plugged in all the cables correctly, and this can be proved by how my EE router works with the new BT cables although the BT router isn't working with the BT cables when setup.

The issue is it turns on, flashing green, then goes to blue for maybe 5 seconds, then orange light/flashing orange and finally a red symbol appears in the broadband place. I have no idea how to fix this, I've tried restarting the router but no luck.

I was told that I could setup the BT router before I get the new BT service? Possibly this is the issue, and it is because I'm still with EE (even though the BT support guy said otherwise and it'd be fine to setup before I get the fibre speeds)

Any help would be much appreciate, and thanks in advance,

Oli

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT Infinity 1 router not working. (orange light broadband symbol flashing red)

You can have it plugged in and ready to go but it will not work until your BT connection has been activated.

0 Ratings
Oli2
Message 3 of 5

Re: New BT Infinity 1 router not working. (orange light broadband symbol flashing red)

You sure? That's be a relief if that's the case, and I can wait till tomorrow when its activated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You can connect the hub without a problem then watch the red light go blue once activated 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have posted. If you are still connected to EE why would you think that a router that is locked to BT would work on an EE connection?

0 Ratings