cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankCla
Message 1 of 4

New BT Infinity 2 Customer - 23Mbps download speed!

Hi,

I recently cancelled my Sky broadband due to slow fibre speed, so I joined BT. I had Sky Fibre unlimited with a download sync of 38Mbps. 5 months into the service my download speed dropped to 28Mbps. Sky sent 2 openreach engineer visits, and no solution as to why i was getting slow speeds. The engineer said that everything looked fine, he used his equiptment inside my house and said I was only losing around 3Mbps due to distance from the cabinet. He also said that my line was capable of getting at least 60Mbps. I decided to cancel sky and move to BT. 

The BT application checking reported that I was capable of getting Infinity 2, with a minimum guarenteed speed of 52Mbps, max 68Mbps. Since the first day my service with BT got connected, I've only been getting 32Mbps. Lately, it went down to 28Mbps, and today, its at 23Mbps.

I reported the issue to BT on 23rd December, they scheduled a technicial for 03 Jan, but then he never pitched up, turns out BT didnt book the appointment correctly. So they re-booked another appointment for 05 Jan, but then the entineer came on 04 Jan and I wasn't home, obviously a mistake by the BT consultant who gave me the wrong date over the phone. So now I have another appointment on 10 JAN.

I'm very sceptical whether this engineer will do anything different than the past two engineers that sky sent. Clearly my speed is WAY WAY below expected, so something must be wrong? Is there anything I can try from home to help BT diagnose the issue?

NOTE: I also have an ASUS DSL-68U modem/router which reports slightly higher download speeds of around 32Mbps. Also, the Asus reports that my line is Interleaved, whereas on the BT HH6 it reports Fast Path

Here are all the speed test results and DSL stats.

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 20.05.32.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 20.04.31.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 20.18.49.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT Infinity 2 Customer - 23Mbps download speed!

Connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
FrankCla
Message 3 of 4

Master socket. 

I've also tried connecting to the test socket, and the results are the same.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

So when the engineer came, was he able to sync at 60meg on his test kit in your home?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings