cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tino1623
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New BT Infinity 2 connection, but really slow broadband speed.

Hello, new to this forum, but I'd like help or advice please.

I have had BT Infinity 2 connected on Monday 27th June 2016, using the new hub 6. Prior to that I had standard BT broadband.

I have used the speed measuring tool out of curiosity. This is currently showing a download speed of 4.83 mbps and an upload speed of 8.29 mbps. Clearly a lot lower than what it should be.

I have had a webchat with an operative from BT at the call centre and they said that my dpwnload speed is 74 at the line, it's slow coming through to my device, and it 'must be a network problem'?

I have just spoken to another person at the call centre, but got nowhere as the account name is in that of an ex that moved out of this address around 8 or 9 years ago. At the time I tried to put the account in my name, however was unable to, as BT didn't seem to understand what I wanted to do. I then left the account as it was, and haven't had an issue until this point.

I would obviously like to resolve this issue from the start, rather than it dragging on!

Any help would be greatfully received, thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT Infinity 2 connection, but really slow broadband speed.

Hi tino1623,

Welcome to the BT Care Community Forums.

Are you connecting to the Hub wirelessly?

0 Ratings
tino1623
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hello, yes it's wireless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

please can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
tino1623
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hello, I shall have to borrow my girlfriend's laptop for this, as my desktop is upstair and is a pain to dismantle. I'll hopefully do it over the next few days. Thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Wireless speeds can be very variable and unreliable due to many forms of external interference