Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

New BT Infinity, can't get broadband

Go to solution
I had a new line installed today (apparently I needed one even though I have had a phone line and broadband with another supplier for over 5 years). Anyway, the engineer came and supplied me with a new number and then recieved an email stating that my Infinity is now live and hoped I was enjoying my super fast connection.

That was over 10 hours ago and my Hub 5 still has an orange power light and the broadband light is flashing constantly. I have followed the installation guide over and over, have it plugged into the master socket and still nothing. To say Im extremely disappointed so far is a massive understatement.

Any help with this please?

(not sure if it matters but, if I try dialing my old number that still gives a ringing tone - should that be the case?)
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: New BT Infinity, can't get broadband

Go to solution
Have you called the helpdesk? I suspect a fault will need to be raised if you have bo sync.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
I haven't been able to this evening as my home phone doesn't dial out so will have to try and find some time in work to ring them tomorrow.

Very frustrating to be honest as before switching to BT my phone line and broadband with my previous supplier was working with no issues - already regretting switching.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

Can you not use your old line to dial out as you say you get a ringing tone when you dial it?

I'm actually surprised they didn't just transfer the line from your old provider.

0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution
I meant when I try ringing my old number from a mobile it gives a ringing tone. I only have one actual line into my property (which is now the new number) but that doesn't appear to allow me to ring out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution
It would appear that some of the physical work hasn't been done or hasn't been done correctly. Can you call your new number? Does it ring in the house?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution
Having been speaking to the broadband help desk, it appears that my service is not connected to the exchange and will now have to wait a week without home broadband before another engineer calls to rectify their error.

Seems completely incompetent to me that an engineer could come yesterday to install the phone line and broadband service, goto the exchange to set it up and fail to connect my broadband service.
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution
So, another engineer came out today and told me that the previous one hadn't connected the fibre. He then did this and my broadband was uo and running and all going fine (37mb download and around 10mb upload).

However, after about 30 minutes my connection has gone diwn again and the power light is now constantly flashing orange with no other lights on.

This is getting a bit ridiculous now to be honest - any ideas what could be going on?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

did you try a factory reset of the hub?  if still nothing then looks like you need engineer back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ianphillips2347
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution
I held down the reset button on the back with a pin for around 30 seconds but that didn't seem to help much
0 Ratings